• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HDD cloning software?

Cold Dark Shadow

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
12,720
i got 2 WD HDDs. One new and the other is in my comp, Instead of a clean install i want to clone my current HDD to the new one. Possable? if so how? thanks :)
 
thansk for the suggestion :)

Anyone know of any free ones?

I tried WD data lifegaurd copy thing but after everything was copied over i could boot with the new drive.
 
Norton Ghost is only 12 on newegg for the OEM. Definitely worth it. I've tried other "free" cloning utilities and they are generally garbage. There is a free one called "HD Clone" that might work for you. If you can't find it, I'll e-mail it to you. Let me know if you want it.

dlv@mchsi.com

Lyquist
 
Ill have to check that out.

With Ghost ill be able copy tot he new HDD and boot right up with it without lossing anything?
 
Yep. You can clone a drive with Ghost, and then boot off of it. I did that when I switched to an SATA drive for booting off. No issues with it.
 
thanks for the info and shit, i tried Data lifeguard from Western Digital again and it worked perfectly, i first time i used the wrong app. Thsi time i used the right one and no issues.

Thanks again guys :)
 
Back
Top