• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HDCP support question...

maademperor

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
1,442
So I've been looking at monitors and I noticed that some monitors will say specifically DVI HDCP supported but I dont think I've seen many that state HDMI HDCP supported...is it a given that HDCP is supported over any HDMI connection? Specifically I was looking at this monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001552

Which has two HDMI ports but no where does it state either one is HDCP. I watch a lot of digital content via network tuners/WMC so its kind of important

Thanks in advance
 
So I've been looking at monitors and I noticed that some monitors will say specifically DVI HDCP supported but I dont think I've seen many that state HDMI HDCP supported...is it a given that HDCP is supported over any HDMI connection? Specifically I was looking at this monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001552

Which has two HDMI ports but no where does it state either one is HDCP. I watch a lot of digital content via network tuners/WMC so its kind of important

Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure HDMI does not guarantee support for HDCP but I would be surprised if that monitor did not support it. However, that monitor is out of stock so you may want to look for something else anyways.
 
thanks, I figure you are right as I have a TV that has 3 hdmi outputs but only one is actually HDCP compliant...it seems they make it a point to say whether a display is compliant or not on the fly
 
Back
Top