• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 Help

mrnoshot

n00b
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
4
Hopefully there are others here who have bought this card that might have some insight for my issue - I am not able to play dts-wavs that have been extracted from dts cds or play dts-cds directly from the dvd-rom... I get pink noise.
Everything else on this card works great - nice sounding 5.1 DD Live.

The support for this card I have found is close to null -

First, my setup:
Sound Card - HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 (same as chip CMI8768+)
External AV Receiver - SONY STR-DE675
Connected via - Toslink/Optical cable
PC DVD-ROM - connected to sound card via digital spdif
WinXP Pro DirectX 9
Sound card SW - C-Media 3D Audio Configuration v1.0.41.17
Audio driver - v5.12.01.0043 (39e)

I checked and these wavs are 16-bit 44.1KHz - I have burned them to cd and can play them fine in my entertainment system dvd player. I am wanting to be able to play them from my pc and not have to burn tons of cds if I do not have to...

Playing from dvd-rom in pc:
The digital options are enabled for the dvd-rom and I can play dvd movies fine with DTS and Dolby 5.1 to my receiver(I am thinking this is 48KHz). When playing the dts-cds, I get pink noise. The cds are fine as they work in my entertainment system dvd player

I have the C-Media 3D Audio Configuration sw that came with the card set to SPDIF Output PCM 2 Channel 44.1KHz with no DSP or mixer effects and still have the issue.

Playing dts-wavs that are not on cd and have been extracted:
I get the same pink noise - I have the C-Media 3D Audio Configuration sw set to the same PCM 2 Channel 44.1KHz with no DSP or mixer effects setup.
I have tried apps such as: Foobar2k, VLC player, WinDVD Platinum (spdif out), Zoom Player, WinAmp, WMP.

I made sure that both Foobar and VLC had no dithering effects, filters, or DSP on. Also both were set to a fixed 44.1KHz point. Still a nogo - pink noise. I was however able to get both of these apps to play the wavs with dts filters, but that is not truly DTS as my external receiver is not showing the decoding light on and so it is not receiving a true DTS format, plus it does not even sound close to the way it should (this decoding light does show when I play the DTS-CDs directly in the AV Receiver).

I was thinking that maybe the issue is that the info is not going through pass-through like it should and that would cause this - I do not see a pass-through option in the software anywhere (I have the latest software version that I know of). I even tried ASIO4ALL and it saw my card fine but did not help.

This card is supposed to be able to pass-through 44.1kHz/48kHz/96kHz samplerate and 16/24bits resolution - link for card specs:
http://www.ihda.co.kr./skin/ihda/goods/productView.php?goo_code=010000027136


Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
mrnoshot
 
Thanks for the response -

Yeah I know more people should have this card later this month and I might have better luck then - I had mine shipped from the UK and it took about 2 weeks to get here. Everything else on it works great - DD Live works nicely without any strain on the CPU.

I tried ASIO with both WinAmp and Foobar with Kernal Streaming and still had no results (I played around with the options quite a bit too) - the sound with ASIO was just more noise but choppy sounding noise instead.
 
Try changing the output to various bitdepths and sample rates with the output options and the resampler plugin.
 
Yeah - I should have listed that...tried and no success

Plus I do not think you are suppose to have any DSPs set in Foobar for a DTSWAV with kernal streaming or resampling.

I am always up for ideas - keep'em coming and thanks :cool:
 
Back
Top