• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD7850 Artefact/Flickering while gaming

Joined
Sep 14, 2012
Messages
3
Hello,

You people are my last hope. I have an issue which is driving me insane.
I get this wierd random artefacts with my HD 7850. The Issue happens pretty rarly and can be gone for a week till it appears again. The issue doesn't seem to be present in every game. For example i didn't have issues with Sleeping Dogs/ Battlefiend 3/ Team Fortress 2 / Quake Live so far.
But Portal 2, Black Mesa Source, Borderlands and Starcraft 2 seem to share the same issue.

Here are some Videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0sS_uvO7c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGnb9t8FHo8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZcWzytJvKU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG8v1P850ak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIPLrkozKoA

The Videos are from different Users the only thing they have common is that they all own a HD7XXX card.
I already RMA'd my card 3 Times(!) now and still have the same Issue with the 4th. I even changed my PSU from a be quiet! Straight Power E9-CM 480W to a Sea Sonic X-Series X-560, tried different Ram from my buddy and updated my Uefi.
Nothing seems to help. I really don't know what to do, my old GTX 460 still works fine.

My Specs are:
Asrock z68 Pro3
Core i5 2500k (not overclocked yet)
Sea Sonic X-Series X-560
8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws (also tested Kingston Ram)
Windows 7 64bit

Please excuse my bad english im not a native speaker. Im just looking for some help.
 
I don't have much to test with but like you said, I didn't see this problem when I played Sleeping Dogs on my XFX 7850. I will try Unigine Heaven 3.0 right now...

EDIT: Played around with Heaven 3.0 for a while and even did benchmarks but didn't see the artifacting. I tried it with OC and couldn't reproduce the problem either (although it crashed multiple times because the high OC that passed 3DMark11 does not pass Heaven3)
 
Last edited:
thank you. But i forgot to say that videos are just comparable, so i don't really know about heaven benchmark 3 it may be fixed already. The problem with my issue is that you could try to reproduce it the whole day and fail since it happens rarly and randomly, sometimes i don't see it for a week.

The only games i saw it myself are Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, Starcraft 2 (sometimes it takes 2 weeks to appear there).
Today i saw the issue in Black Mesa Source after i already played around 80% of the game without any issue. As you see, it's totaly random and hard to tell if you have it or not after 2-3hours of testing. What makes it even harder to find a fix or tell AMD how to reproduce the issue. Strange thing is that it seems like the "newest" games hardly have this issue.
 
Im really annoyed about this. I dont know what to do. I wrote AMD 1000times. I guess the only thing i can do is sell the card and get a NV instead. Maybe it's some kind of incompatibility but still pretty annoying since i met a lot of people who have the same issue already.
 
Back
Top