HD6990 benchmarks

hot thing right now awsome benches

I know. I just want to see it destroy the Passmark chart. :)

With all the different HD6990 models NewEgg had and then sold, I would think someone would have ran the benchmarks on Passmarks site by now. User submissions is how the graph gets updated.

Whoa, what a crappy benchmark! I think this is one of a very, very few benchmarks (maybe the only other one besides HAWX 2?) that shows a GTX 470 beating a 6970 in anything.

Whoa, what a crappy benchmark! I think this is one of a very, very few benchmarks (maybe the only other one besides HAWX 2?) that shows a GTX 470 beating a 6970 in anything.

Not sure if it matters, but you do know that is the special WinFast GTX 470 (overclocked?) that beats the 6970? The regular GTX 470 comes in slower than the 6970 as it shows on the chart. I think the Winfast version of the 470 has some extra tweaks and is overclocked to make it out perform the standard 470 but I'm not 100% certain. I've sometimes seen the card referenced as the Winfast GTX 470 OC. Perhaps the OC was just left off the chart for some reason?

Which benchmark website would you recommend for GPU's? I always thought this one was ok, but perhaps not. These benchmarks are supposed to be based on many user submissions. I wonder how they could be so far off?

Are their CPU benchmarks as bad?

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

I've been using reviews in combination with passmarks benchmarks to make purchasing decisions. I wonder if I should be using different benchmarks instead. Anyone else have any opinions about Passmarks benchmarks? Curious what you think about them. thanks

Last edited:
I scored higher than the average results for my cpu and video card. Maybe people are not running the test right,like a virus of something else running in background. My cpu is stock but my card is factory oc. I ran the test with the rig in my sig.

My cpu score (i7 965) score 7569.7 there average for my cpu is 6,814

My gpu (5870) score is 2973.3 there average is 2,702 (mine is oc)

5528112857_5dc720afdd_b.jpg
[/url] passmark v7 results 1 by 455olds, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back