• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD6970s already in stock?

UG_PL

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
200
LOL, I don't know but some dude (sales person) was telling me how he already tested 6970 and it can over clock 15%. I had this conversation today in Fry's as I was looking for new PSU. Anyways, the guy started telling me some ridiculous shit, how his DDR3 ram modules are 10 inches long ad he has 8 gigs and they bearly fit in his case :D .

But what if they in fact do have those beasts in stock? :eek:
 
I say bullshit, unless he stole that card. I work there I haven't seen that card in stock yet but I only work three days a week, I am just giving him the benefit of the doubt but I am sure we don't have them.

Plus even if we had them, if the street date is not up, the computer wont let you buy it. hell you cant even ring the card up, when they scan it, it will say the street date is not up for the product and not available for purchase. I work there and some of the guys talk outta their ass just to sound like they actually know shit.
 
LOL, I don't know but some dude (sales person) was telling me how he already tested 6970 and it can over clock 15%. I had this conversation today in Fry's as I was looking for new PSU. Anyways, the guy started telling me some ridiculous shit, how his DDR3 ram modules are 10 inches long ad he has 8 gigs and they bearly fit in his case :D .

But what if they in fact do have those beasts in stock? :eek:

I'm sure some people do. I doubt long john ram does though :D
 
I will never understand what pushes people to make up dumb ass shit like that. 10 inch long ram modules?
 
Hey, ask him if has any variation of Bulldozer in stock. Also, ask if he has tested them.Thanks!
 
Maybe he meant his RAM heatsinks are 10 inches tall. Must be the new Corsair Dominators. :)
 
Maybe he meant his RAM heatsinks are 10 inches tall. Must be the new Corsair Dominators. :)

I was going to say something like this. I have seen a couple tall Ram heatsink solutions. Don't know if they really help besides getting in the way of my lazy wiring. But I know people that would look at those and buy them thinking that they are the best because they are big.
 
Back
Top