• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD6950 recover from failed flash

JohnleMVP

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 20, 2001
Messages
5,255
I have a MSI HD6950 with the bios switch.
I've been running it for awhile now with a 6950 unlocked shader bios. However for hackintosh compatibility I want to flash it to a 6970, but turn down the clocks. I modded the bios, but after I flashed it, windows failed to boot. I flipped the bios switch on the card and windows boots up fine. My question is how do I reflash the card now? Can I simply flip the bios switch back to normal now that I'm in windows and just reflash it?
 
so just to clarify: (I intend on buying a 6950 tomorrow for the SOLE PURPOSE of unlocking it)

If you bork a bios, you can switch over to the second bios, boot windows, flick the switch while the PC is running and flash a fail-safe bios?
 
Back
Top