HD58xx is already out

enzolt

[H]ard|Gawd
Was on AT and saw this

AT Thread

If you read it, it links to an XtremeSystems thread

Post #29 by bingo13 is AT's Gary Key.

proof of that in the AT thread linked above.

So Sept 10 it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Fuck me! Exciting News!

Still ill wait for the reviews,and of course the GT300!!

Wow, perfect timing! I really hope they do NOT delay this!

Ask and you shall recieve! That's exactly what I did.

4890 is like $150. The new card certainly won't be that cheap. Enjoy it :)

They've talked of improved yields with this new core Somehow. And the 4890 has dropped HOW much in price since it came out?

I'm ready to shell out $200ish for a 4850 equiv when these come out.

Heh, yeah. If the yields are as bad as the rumors say, then I wouldn't expect any less than $500. Of course, I am talking out of my ass here.

For the x2 this is likely but not the x1. The x1 in my opinion will be in the 250+ range.

The question is tho. Will they get out the mid to low range cards at the same time. My spider senses tell me a big hell no on that as the upper end will sell like hotcakes for atleast a month.

4890 is like $150. The new card certainly won't be that cheap. Enjoy it :)

ATI is launching a full line of Evergreen cards from $50 to top end so there should be a card for everyone.

http://www.hardware.info/en-US/news/ymicl5qSwpaaapY/AMD_to_launch_DirectX_11_cards_in_September/

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/...garding_ATI_s_DirectX_11_Family_Revealed.html

That's why I 've been holding off ordering a 48x0. Damn nice to finally see that a release is imminent.

I'm sure there will be a sweet Evergreen card at my price point and I'll likely have the option of a deeply discounted 4890 as well.

My spider senses tell me a big hell no on that as the upper end will sell like hotcakes for atleast a month.

But the overwhelming majority of people will never, ever buy a card over $250 no matter what. Unless chip yields are bad why make them wait? If the market segmentation is already there in Evergreen from day one why would ATI not take their customers money asap? The only reason I can see is to clear out the old lineup.

Bout damn time. Here's hoping the sub-200 dollar mainstream performance parts are signifigantly faster than a 4890.

But the overwhelming majority of people will never, ever buy a card over $250 no matter what. Unless chip yields are bad why make them wait? If the market segmentation is already there in Evergreen from day one why would ATI not take their customers money asap? The only reason I can see is to clear out the old lineup.

Hit the nail on the head with that last point not to mention the need to build up funds before Nvidia hits back.

AMD is in serious trouble with Intels new lineup. They are going to need coasting money until they have time to get some serious money makers out there (6-12 core CPUs 3X cards etc...)

Also add to that the need to keep a rather slow reduction in prices over time so that they can keep the 5x series "on sale" Also to tide things until the advancements with the 6x era which in my opinion is atleast a year and half a away if not longer.

Its going to be expensive for sure since theres going to be no competition for awhile.

Its going to be expensive for sure since theres going to be no competition for awhile.

I doubt it is going to be awhile. Atleast in the eyes of ATI who need the money.

The good news is that with good sales they can clear 4x stock quickly. The 4x series still makes great HTPC cards you know!

Seeing is believing... first I want to see some tests, and X-Fire scaling, and how noisy is it, I really hope it will not have any fan problems. And since the DX11 games will be not on horizon for some time, I just wonder how much faster they will be then current generation.

But, I'll decide on the purchase when GT300 arrives, propably nVidia will have to speed it up, if AMD really does hard launch in September.

Are they going to stick to October 22nd to go with Windows 7 or are they going to squeeze it out in September? Month and a half of media hype hysteria and (p)reviews sounds like a long time, even if it ends up so fine it becomes the 8800GTX of the upcoming GPU generation and has an acceptable price.

I can't help but foresee a bid dissapointment with this cards, I know ATi can do it but I just don't see them being all that compared to the current stuff.

Good thing it doesn't affect me as I have enough power for the now.

"People" tell me the media embargoes are tighter this time around, so I think we've got some waiting ahead of us.

(Hurm, if I was to do some guesswork, the 5800s will outperform the 4800s and be a bigger jump than 2900XT to 3870 but maybe not 3870 to 4870 scale, the Nvidia GT300 once it comes out in 2010 will outperform the 5800s, refreshes and respins will trade performance throne places and like in this generation, the only winner will be us.)

well lets hope games actually exist that can take advantage of these cards besides crysis :eek:

I heard 250 - 400 dollar price range. I'm wondering if there will be more then a PRO and XT version. That is quite a big difference in price.

Dirt 2 was delay to Directx 11 to add and hear talk of another 5 titles are in the works.

yea no shit heatlesssun. My 4870x2 can't even do that at 1920x1200, either.

maybe he plays at 1280x1024 :p

Good to know I'm not senile!:) Until we see some verifiable numbers I think most of us would believe that N3mi5is's claim is false.

The 4800 was the best ATI GPU since the 9700 but the 9700 was clearly better than the 5000 FX series. The 4800 had a MUCH better initial performance/price ratio but at the end of the day the 4800 and the GT200 series are as close to parity as AMD and nVidia have probably ever been.

I think that some people are looking for that clearly better than the competition type product again and in a way I can't blame them as it makes buying decisions easier.

I can run very high/enthusiast with 4xAA at 1920x1200 but in worst maps average is barely 25 fps :(

Really? At what resolution and in DX 10? 3 280's can barely do it at 1920x1200.
thats a little bit of an exaggeration. I can run it at 1920x1080 with a custom DX9 config that looks better than standard very high settings and of course runs better. all I have is a 192sp gtx260 and I get 25-35fps with no AA which is playable for that game so surely a gtx260 sli setup not to mention gtx280 tri sli could even run AA and be even faster.

well my latest TOD mod has shot Crysis all to hell but I also have a custom DX9 config for Warhead that again looks and runs smoother than standard very high(enthusiast) settings. I dont know why my other pic kept getting re sized but it was at 1920x1080. here is the print screen of the properties of the pic just to show I took it tonight and it is 1920x1080. http://img39.imageshack.us/i/warhead.jpg/

Last edited:
well lets hope games actually exist that can take advantage of these cards besides crysis :eek:

If it is smaller, producing less heat, consumes less power, more quiet, i have no problem with buying one to replace my 4870 even if it only gives a moderate speed increase.

thats a little bit of an exaggeration.

If you think the DX 9 treaty look better than DX 10 then so be it. I don't think that its a huge difference visually myself. But when it comes to performance you just can't say "well the game looks better with DX 9 tweaks" as that is not the I was trying to make.

DX 10 in Crysis is MUCH more taxing than DX 9 regardless of how one might perceive DX 9's visual quality relative to DX 10. No single card currently on the market can run Crysis at maximum AND with high levels of AA at 1920×1200 well, something I should have said earlier.

If you think the DX 9 treaty look better than DX 10 then so be it. I don't think that its a huge difference visually myself. But when it comes to performance you just can't say "well the game looks better with DX 9 tweaks" as that is not the I was trying to make.

DX 10 in Crysis is MUCH more taxing than DX 9 regardless of how one might perceive DX 9's visual quality relative to DX 10. No single card currently on the market can run Crysis at maximum AND with high levels of AA at 1920×1200 well, something I should have said earlier.
well yeah I see what you are saying. I was looking at it just from someones view of wanting to run the game smoothly while still looking as good or maybe better the standard very high settings. the standard DX10 very high at 1920 is basically unplayable on my gtx260 for sure not to mention using AA. maybe a gtx285 could get by though with up to 2x AA at least for some of the game.

yeah the gtx285 can almost do it on DX10 very high and 2x AA at 1920 http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2009/07/15/inno3d-ichill-geforce-gtx-275-review/4

Last edited:
I heard 250 - 400 dollar price range. I'm wondering if there will be more then a PRO and XT version. That is quite a big difference in price.

Do people read? See my post #11? http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034487076&postcount=11

They're launching with boards at every price point from $50 through enthusiast. It's been all over the news sites for a while. Googling the code names turns up a boatload of sites with this same info.

From xbitlabs:
The new generation of DirectX 11 graphics cards will initially consist of five models, each intended for a different market segment. This way, AMD will be able to integrate DirectX 11 technology faster, making it possible to get a headstart on competitor nVidia. The cheapest DirectX 11 card is to cost about $50 USD, which means the technology will be affordable for everyone

Cypress – dual-chip flagship graphics solutions powered by two RV870 chips (originally known as R800);
Juniper – single-chip performance-mainstream graphics solution(s) based on RV870 chip;
Redwood – single chip mainstream graphics solution(s) based on RV830 chip;
Cedar – single chip entry-level graphics solution(s) based on RV810 chip;
Hemlock – unknown.

From hardware.info and many other sources:
Hemlock (entry-level)
Cedar (mainstream)
Redwood (mainstream)
Juniper (performance)
Cypress (enthusiast)

I think he's talking about just the higher end cards for the $250-400 price range. Your post makes the "Do people read?" part ironic.

lol

Back