• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD5770x2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys take it easy, even the thread is kinda stupid hes a nice guy imo even i laugh at the thread when i saw it first time, but the way he respond to the flame, jokes or w/e you call it makes me think hes not arrogant or bad guy and ain't deserve to be treated this way,carry on guys.

I gotta agree. Yes Sonda5 may be a little over-enthusiastic about the 4770/5770, but he's just excited about the technology and the chance to own a powerful, great performing card for an excellent price.
I for one find his posts and dedication kind of funny :D

And for all the criticism and jabs he's copped, he just takes it in his stride and i havent once seen him lash out and insult anyone else.
 
reviews are going to be out soon! in a few hours...
But specs are probably as follow:
mymypc-hd5770-22.gif
 
Please stop threadcrapping in my thread you gays. If you want to threadcrap start your own thread in the threadcrap sub-forum.

This thread is about the 5770x2
 
God, I went to sleep at page 11 wake up at page 17.

Is it possible to TROLL your own thread?
He refuses to answer anything asked. Cry's wolf constantly.
Any chance we can just freeze the thread and submit to Wikipedia as classic self trolling?
I'm flabbergasted at this point.

+1 lol

Because unlike you most of us have been around for more then 2 generations of video cards. Giving us some insight in what to expect as well as many past experiences to help guide us in the right direction.

The 4770 is a nice card but it carried too much of a price premium for it's place in the line up. I know I said it before but I will say it again. The 5770 will not compete against the 5850 like the 4770 was able to with the 4850. Many have pointed out to you the numerous ways that the 5k lineup differs from the 4k lineup.

And to those of you claiming that 3DMark is a valid tool for comparison when testing cards of the same arch I call BS. It does nothing to show what is gained in a game. This is [H] and the video card reviews here go to great lengths to show us exactly want we gain if anything from one configuration to another. And in some cases show us that while one card may get slightly better FPS then another card neither has the extra power to enable anything the other card couldn't do. Showing us that sometimes a card having a little more power doesn't actually mean anything to those of us who play games.

I see no hate for the 4770 or the 5770. I just see a lack of love that I totally understand.

Also I have seen more then one person explain to you exactly why the 5770x2 is a silly idea. Your inability to comprehend these explanations does not turn us in to 770 hatters, thread crappers or any other terms you have decided to label us with.

You have however in my opinion created a whole new type of fanboy with you 770 obsession. You manage to even one up all my friends who at one time were nvidiots believing the FX cards really were better then the 9700. Hell one of them still wont talk to me today because he swears I some how cheated when I showed him my softmoded 9500 pro doubling the performance of his $400 FX card.

Again the 4770 had a few things going for it when it was released late in the 4k life cycle and many do underestimate it. However since it was never really available in mass quantity it really don't matter.

But carrying that love over to the 5770 that has nothing but price going for it is just plain silly as is an 5770x2.The 5770 may provide some nice single monitor gaming but at some point games will start bringing it to it's knees while the 5800's keep on going. And to be honest I would be surprised if Brent doesn't manage to expose it's Achilles heal in the review we should be seeing very soon.


Oh yes really, 100% with out a doubt! OK?

+1, thank you!

Who didn't see this 14 and going pages of back and forth heeeehoorrrr coming when they saw who the OP was?

LOL!

It will take some time for that "eye inffinit" multi display to catch on IMO. Especially with the way the economy is. I look forward to Brent's HD5770 review.

I don't consider myself a fanboi. I'm just having fun with my toys and enthusiastic about the knowledge that I have.

/face-fucking-palm


did you even look at the review?

Look at resolutions and AA levels...

Man you post on [H]ardocp and dont even understand their reviews

/facepalm

I'm right here /facepalming @ him with you lol

I like what you said in rev 2.0 best

ROFL

I'll let [H]ardocp explain it to ya then

"Looking at performance, it is a mixed bag as we have discovered. In shader intensive games the Radeon HD 4770 CrossFire is going to give the HD 4890 a run for its money. In memory limited games or games that allow high resolutions with AA settings, and high detailed textures, the HD 4890 is going to perform better. If, however, you are running specialized applications (i.e. not games) such as Folding@Home, or other computational oriented applications, then Radeon HD 4770 CrossFire is going to provide greater performance for you over a single HD 4890."

Games > 3dmark

+1, he still doesn't get it, but I guess thats like teaching a computer part to love.

:confused: Again apples to apples just compare the benchmark. It's so easy to do. You seem to know that the HD4770 is a great card but don't want to admit it.

Wow, do you actually not understand this? Is english your main language? I think there might be some kind of language barrier here.

HD5770 performance is close to HD4890.

LOL, like you said in another post. What reviews? What proof? Thanks SonDa, my face is bleeding from so many /facepalms


This thread is hilarious, please keep going, I want to see 50 pages.

EDIT:
Please stop threadcrapping in my thread you gays. If you want to threadcrap start your own thread in the threadcrap sub-forum.

This thread is about the 5770x2

OMFG HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this is toooooo funny.
 
Cost almost two times to make? Each core only has a 128bit mem bus.

The HD 5850 cut out 2 SPs and a few Mhz and its power consumption dropped 85W compared to the 5870! That means that two HD 5770 cores would need the same power circuitry as a single 5870.

I don't think ATI will release it, but I don't think its because it would be a lemon, I think it would be too good, and the margins would be slimmer, but I don't care about ATIs margins I care about performance so I wish it would be.


I seriously doubt that a 5850 uses 85 less watts than a 5870.

I know very little about gpu design but it seems very unlikely that ATI would release a dual gpu 5770 for several reasons. The main one being that the money they would make on it would be a lot less than their other cards. It has nothing with it being or not being a good performer. I'm sure ATI could make a card that worked very well.
 
God, I went to sleep at page 11 wake up at page 17.



+1 lol



+1, thank you!



LOL!



/face-fucking-palm




I'm right here /facepalming @ him with you lol



ROFL



+1, he still doesn't get it, but I guess thats like teaching a computer part to love.



Wow, do you actually not understand this? Is english your main language? I think there might be some kind of language barrier here.



LOL, like you said in another post. What reviews? What proof? Thanks SonDa, my face is bleeding from so many /facepalms


This thread is hilarious, please keep going, I want to see 50 pages.

EDIT:


OMFG HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this is toooooo funny.
calm down young boy!
Only here for 25 days & already agressive...more humility you need!!
 
calm down young boy!
Only here for 25 days & already agressive...more humility you need!!

Totally agree. He is off to a great career as a troll. :rolleyes:



Back on subject!!! I am so excited that the HD5770 is coming to town soon!!!!
Still no official word of a HD5770x2.
 
I seriously doubt that a 5850 uses 85 less watts than a 5870.

I know very little about gpu design but it seems very unlikely that ATI would release a dual gpu 5770 for several reasons. The main one being that the money they would make on it would be a lot less than their other cards. It has nothing with it being or not being a good performer. I'm sure ATI could make a card that worked very well.


I don't know much about video card making either. I do know that ATI did state that a HD4770x2 would be a good card to make.

To me that means that they looked at it from business perspective and decided it would net a profit and please their customers.


Though 40nm production had problems to begin with the shrinking of the GPU will ultimately lead to more affordable gpus. 128 bit memory interface technology has been said to be one of the key components that make the HD4770/HD5770 so cheap to make.

So there is reason to believe a HD5770x2 would be profitable to build.
I don't think it would compete with the HD5870 because a single GPU designed powerhouse card like the HD5870 should run better.

HD5770x2 for $299 MSRP to begin with would be a sweet spot right now.
 
While I can't share the enthusiasm of SonDa5 for the 4770(I don't know if you have checked prices lately, but you can get a 250gts for the same cash), nor the silly idea of a 5770x2 if the price is in the $150-$160 range and it's available than I will be pulling the trigger on one Wednesday. Here is hoping to a good review, pricing like I am hopeful for, and availability.
 
To me that means that they looked at it from business perspective and decided it would net a profit and please their customers.
No, they looked at it from a business perspective and decided that it wouldn't be profitable enough, which is why they never made a 4770X2.
 
No, they looked at it from a business perspective and decided that it wouldn't be profitable enough, which is why they never made a 4770X2.


Wrong. They went public and said they thought it would be a good idea. Problem seems to be there was way to many logistical problems going on with brining the latest and greatest 40 nm HD5000 series GPU to town. ATI never said it would not be profitable.
 
Wrong. They went public and said they thought it would be a good idea. Problem seems to be there was way to many logistical problems going on with brining the latest and greatest 40 nm HD5000 series GPU to town. ATI never said it would not be profitable.
I know what they said. ATI is also a business, and if they really thought that a 4770X2 would bring them more profit, they would have made one. That's what businesses do.
 
Is this the biggest thread ever dedicated to a piece of hardware that has never been announced and is extremely unlikely to ever see the light of day?

I understand the love for the 4770 (kinda), but you guys touting 5770x2 seem to be blissfully ignoring the fact that 5770 does not occupy the same niche as 4770 did. It does not have the same power advantage, nor does it have more than half the computing power of their top single-GPU card. If you translate 5770's position (relevant to 5870) back to the 4000 series (more specifically in relation to 4890), you would end up with this hypothetical card:

400 SP's
20 TMU's
8 ROP's
128-bit memory interface
Built on 55nm process
Core clock of 850 MHz and 1GB of GDDR5 operating at 900 MHz.


Now, would an x2 version of this card have made sense, given the existence of HD4890? Answer that, and you will have your answer as to whether or not 5770x2 is a sound idea.
 
I know what they said.

Doesn't seem like it.

This is what was put out to the media.

ATI, graphics business unit of Advanced Micro Devices, did not let all of its partners to roll-out factory-overclocked graphics cards based on ATI Radeon HD 4770 (RV740) graphics processing units (GPUs) and recently admitted that it could not supply enough of such chips due to production issues. However, the company claims that a dual-chip ATI Radeon HD 4770 graphics board is actually a good idea.

“A dual ASIC board utilizing the ATI Radeon HD 4770 chip is a great concept idea. This would be up to our partners to bring to market,” said Patrick Moorhead, vice president of advanced marketing at AMD, in an interview with Technologizer web-site.

ATI Radeon HD 4770 X2 graphics card would offer performance on par with ATI Radeon HD 4850 X2 that is only available from Sapphire Technologies and which cannot be bought from every retail or online store. Moreover, dual-chip ATI Radeon HD 4770 would be considerably cheaper to manufacture thanks to less complex power supply circuitry as well as 128-bit memory bus (vs. 256-bit on the Radeon HD 4850).

Unfortunately, there are numerous obstacles on the way of ATI Radeon HD 4770. At the moment ATI/AMD cannot supply enough ATI RV740 graphics processors even for single-chip graphics cards. It is rumoured that ATI will be in position to supply sufficient amount of RV740 chips around mid-August. Meanwhile, the company plans to release DirectX 11-compatible graphics cards ahead of Windows 7/DX11 launch in late October. Provided that it takes several weeks to ramp up production of a graphics card (in case its print-circuit board had been developed and tested), hypothetical ATI Radeon HD 4770 X2 can only reach the market weeks ahead of DirectX 11 chips, which would be preferred by gamers looking for high performance and compatibility with future video-games.


Source: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/..._Radeon_HD_4770_X2_Is_Great_Concept_Idea.html
 
I think a key point that keeps getting missed is that the 5770 in the HD5000 lineup isn't the same as the 4770 in the HD4000 lineup.

If a 4770x2 didn't see the light of day, it's even less likely that a 5770x2 will.

I don't think anything will change due to this discussion in terms of:

SonDa will buy 8x 5770 when they come out and xfire 2 of them along with 6 others to sleep with.

The rest of us will be merrily on our way with a respectful nod at the 5770 and nothing more.
 
I was going to avoid subscribing to this thread, but the sillyness is too fun at this point.

A 5770X2 wouldn't make much sense in that it would:

1.)cost more to make than a single 5870
2.)have to sell for less than a 5870
3.)probably the same cardlength (maybe more)
4.)use more energy than a 5870
5.)perform worse than a 5870
6.)There's no market segment for it. (Well they'd sell one card for sure, maybe two?, I'm sure everyone knows who'll buy it. hehehe...)

The reason there are 8000+ views is that this thread is becoming a flamewar and the title is about a piece of vaporware/dreamware.
 
Last edited:
If a 4770x2 didn't see the light of day, it's even less likely that a 5770x2 will.

Timing wasn't right with HD4770. 40nm production has improved. Direct X11 is here. Windows 7 will soon take off. HD5770 is about to rock. Now is a good time to build HD5770x2.
 
1st test released of the hd5770:
24 ROP & 800SP
http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=3036&cid=3&pg=1


"Overclocking

We had mixed results with the two Radeon HD 5770 cards. On the PowerColor card, we could only manage a conservative 900MHz at the core and 5200 MHz DDR at the memory before the card could no longer work reliably. This gave us 4514 3DMarks, a 5% improvement in performance.

On the HIS Radeon HD 5770, however, we managed to achieve 960MHz at the core (the highest ATI Overdrive would allow us) and a stratospheric 5520MHz DDR at the memory. On the Extreme preset, this gave us 4730 3DMarks, representing a remarkable 12% improvement in performance, on par with the Radeon HD 4890."
 
Last edited:
I was going to avoid subscribing to this thread, but the sillyness is too fun at this point.

A 5770X2 wouldn't make much sense in that it would:

1.)cost more to make than a single 5870,
2.)have to sell less than a 5870
3.)probably the same cardlength (maybe more)
4.)use more energy than a 5870
5.)perform worse 5870
5.)There's no market segment for it.

I see your logic but think back to the statement I posted just above your post about how ATI thought a HD4770x2 would be a good idea.

Don't you think ATI/AMD thought about your ideas before supporting a HD4770x2?
 
Doesn't seem like it.

This is what was put out to the media.




Source: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/..._Radeon_HD_4770_X2_Is_Great_Concept_Idea.html
They said it was a great concept, and that it would be up to their partners to put into production if they wanted to. In other words, they didn't think it would be profitable enough for them to take the risk of bringing it into the market (similar to what happened with the 4850X2), so they would leave it to their partners to spend the R&D money to develop such a product instead. That way they would still make money off selling the GPUs, but if the product wasn't successful, they wouldn't be risking any of their own money.
 
1st test released of the hd5770:
24 ROP & 800SP
http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=3036&cid=3&pg=1


"Overclocking

We had mixed results with the two Radeon HD 5770 cards. On the PowerColor card, we could only manage a conservative 900MHz at the core and 5200 MHz DDR at the memory before the card could no longer work reliably. This gave us 4514 3DMarks, a 5% improvement in performance.

On the HIS Radeon HD 5770, however, we managed to achieve 960MHz at the core (the highest ATI Overdrive would allow us) and a stratospheric 5520MHz DDR at the memory. On the Extreme preset, this gave us 4730 3DMarks, representing a remarkable 12% improvement in performance, on par with the Radeon HD 4890."



SWEET!!!! Juniper XT has landed!!!!! :cool:
 
1st test released of the hd5770:
24 ROP & 800SP
http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=3036&cid=3&pg=1


"Overclocking

We had mixed results with the two Radeon HD 5770 cards. On the PowerColor card, we could only manage a conservative 900MHz at the core and 5200 MHz DDR at the memory before the card could no longer work reliably. This gave us 4514 3DMarks, a 5% improvement in performance.

On the HIS Radeon HD 5770, however, we managed to achieve 960MHz at the core (the highest ATI Overdrive would allow us) and a stratospheric 5520MHz DDR at the memory. On the Extreme preset, this gave us 4730 3DMarks, representing a remarkable 12% improvement in performance, on par with the Radeon HD 4890."
56tmu and 24rop seem illogical for 800sp and 128bit bus. seems like it should be 40tmu and 16rop. also the memory bandwidth does kill it as the 4890 is easily faster in most cases. a 5770x2 would be a stupid product.



"Perhaps we were expecting too much, but the Radeon HD 5770 was a little underwhelming in our books. Where performance is concerned, we expected it to be positioned in between the Radeon HD 4890 and HD 4870, but our tests have shown that it was mostly a smidge lower than the HD 4870 1GB editions; which puts it closer to the 512MB edition of the Radeon HD 4870."


"The results seem to indicate the shortcoming of the 128-bit memory bus that the 'mainstream' Radeon HD 5770 possesses."
 
Last edited:
So it's like a DX11 4870 for about the same price as the current 4870. Not a bad card at all really given that performance is still mainstream, it's priced well and is quite efficient.
 
Looks like the the hardwarezone review wasn't really impressed with the HD5770.
Very lack luster review. Makes no sense that they didn't do some crossfire benchmarks since they had
2 HD5770s available.

Also very strange specs on their RIG. I would have expected at least a modern i7 RIG test bed for the latest and greatest HD5000 series technology.
 
Looks like the the hardwarezone review wasn't really impressed with the HD5770.
Very lack luster review. Makes no sense that they didn't do some crossfire benchmarks since they had
2 HD5770s available.
well considering that a single 4890 and 4870 were already faster in most cases then its clearly memory bandwidth limited. a 5770 crossfire setup would easily be beaten by a cheaper 5850. gee I told you that several pages ago.
 
well considering that a single 4890 and 4870 were already faster in most cases then a 5770 crossfire set up would be silly. its clearly memory bandwidth limited and a 5770 crossfire setup would easily be beaten by a cheaper 5850. gee I told you that several pages ago.

:confused:

This is the first review of many.
The GDDR5 on the HD5770 is super fast. I'm sure with proper over clocking the HD5770 will be a rocket.
Looking forward to better reviews.
 
:confused:

This is the first review of many.
The GDDR5 on the HD5770 is super fast. I'm sure with proper over clocking the HD5770 will be a rocket.
Looking forward to better reviews.
here you go again. overclocking the card isnt going to help much because its clearly memory limited and that memory is already almost maxed.

are you really going be stupid enough to claim the 5770x2 is still a good idea? a cheaper 5850 will easily beat that setup.
 
The GDDR5 on the HD5770 is super fast. I'm sure with proper over clocking the HD5770 will be a rocket.

More like a bottle rocket rather than a stinger missle, given the 128 bit bus. Yeah the GDDR5 has to be clocked higher, because the 128 bit bus was designed to "bottleneck" this card and keep it in the mainstream segment. Still it's a nice offering for those looking for 4870 class peformance with DX11.
 
calm down young boy!
Only here for 25 days & already agressive...more humility you need!!

I've been here for a while, just never signed up. Doesn't matter, I could have only been here one day to realize that this thread is just a phailbus. Quit defending your friend SonDa, people ask him questions, he replies by saying quit thread crapping. Seriously, go through each page and look how many times he says it... He spews what he thinks is fact, and then defends it with his life, and people like you are gullible enough to feel bad for him. Troll? I don't think so, just laughing at how terrible this thread is :D
 
Here for a while! let me laugh....
Insulting people with ease let me think you are a litlle child (gay we are???...:rolleyes: )
I'm too old for you boy for sure...
 
More like a bottle rocket rather than a stinger missle, given the 128 bit bus. Yeah the GDDR5 has to be clocked higher, because the 128 bit bus was designed to "bottleneck" this card and keep it in the mainstream segment. Still it's a nice offering for those looking for 4870 class peformance with DX11.

Thank you. It was intentionally gimped by the manufacturer, only an idiot would be touting its awesomeness.
 
Looks like the the hardwarezone review wasn't really impressed with the HD5770.
Very lack luster review. Makes no sense that they didn't do some crossfire benchmarks since they had
2 HD5770s available.

Logic? Common sense? These are just a few examples why.
 
56tmu and 24rop seem illogical for 800sp and 128bit bus. seems like it should be 40tmu and 16rop.

That's what I was thinking. Also the ratios are a bit suspect - in theory 24 ROPs would yield 60 TMUs. Pretty sure that with all their cards since the 2000 series, the number of SPs was tied to both the ROP and TMU counts - 800 is divisible by neither 24 or 56 (or even 60 for that matter). But if everything is fully decoupled then that link is merely coincidence (although it still makes the reported numbers illogical).
If these numbers are actually true, performance is lower than it should be. Still, it's a decent DX11 part for the money and midrange cards are often outperformed by the previous high-end (think 8600GTS vs 7950GT at launch - I picked those because it also coincided with support for a new DirectX version). It does have the usual advantages of being smaller, quieter and more frugal with power - larger potential install base.
They definitely need something between 5770 and 5850 though - I'm sure there is a large inventory of slower (and cheaper) GDDR5 that would be ideal for a 1120 SP card with a 256-bit bus. I'd guess that yields are very good, hence not enough 'failures' to warrant such a card just yet (the die would come from 5870 wafers). But they could be sitting on them, keeping a card up their sleeve so to speak.
 
Logic? Common sense? These are just a few examples why.

Much as I don't see the point in doing so, if I was a reviewer with 2 cards at hand then I would have done a small amount of CF testing at least. People do crazy things like this - users who cannot fit a longer card in their PC, for example, who would rather sacrifice performance than buy a new case. Plus, it would've been interesting to see just how restrictive that memory configuration is.
 
Much as I don't see the point in doing so, if I was a reviewer I would have done a small amount of CF testing at least. People do crazy things like this - users who cannot fit a longer card in their PC, for example, who would rather sacrifice performance than buy a new case. Plus, it would've been interesting to see just how restrictive that memory configuration is.
we will probably see plenty of crossfire reviews in less than 12hours. its clearly going to be a stupid idea compared to just having a 5850 that is 60 bucks cheaper and faster overall. yeah people do dumb shit. just go on youtube and look at the moronic kids with ridiculous builds. I see people with 8800 cards and P4 cpus and people with 8400gs sli setups. its amazing just how ignorant some people are yet they are giving advice to others on there.
 
Yeah you'll see them and they will disappoint. Don't worry grasshopper.
 
Here for a while! let me laugh....
Insulting people with ease let me think you are a litlle child (gay we are???...:rolleyes: )
I'm too old for you boy for sure...
Hey now, some of us "new people" have been here for awhile. :p

When I went to try and access my old account, I realized that I'd long-forgotten the password, and the e-mail address on record, I no longer have access to. Thus, had to create a new account.
 
I don't know much about video card making either. I do know that ATI did state that a HD4770x2 would be a good card to make.

To me that means that they looked at it from business perspective and decided it would net a profit and please their customers.


Though 40nm production had problems to begin with the shrinking of the GPU will ultimately lead to more affordable gpus. 128 bit memory interface technology has been said to be one of the key components that make the HD4770/HD5770 so cheap to make.

So there is reason to believe a HD5770x2 would be profitable to build.
I don't think it would compete with the HD5870 because a single GPU designed powerhouse card like the HD5870 should run better.

HD5770x2 for $299 MSRP to begin with would be a sweet spot right now.

Sure if you ignore logic and everything I and others have tried to explain to you.

Since the 4770x2 might have made an "interesting idea" I believe that is how AMD put it.

You conclude that the 5770 would also be a good idea?

WTF how many times do we have to explain to you that the 5770 doesn't have any advantage other then price over the 5800 cards. While the 4770 actually had a few things going for in the 4k line.

Also I really didn't see you say more then once that the 4770 competes with the 4890? I am sorry that you don't comprehend the [H} reviews. But in crossfire the 4770 can't compete with the 4890. Now if you own a single small monitor then I am sure the 4770 in crossfire is a fine setup. But come on man this is [H] not Tom's Hardware. At the resolution most of us game at the 4770 in crossfire is nothing but a joke. It can not hang so just because it works well for your little setup don't go getting your panties in such a wad when we point of that even in crossfire the 4770 would flat out suck in our setups.


Sorry but you really have made the wrong forum your home if you only need mainstream hardware to max out your gaming experience.

Yes we at the [H[ forum love great deals and bargains.The 9500 with the L shaped ram config AKA using the 9700 PCB was a great example. Since it wasn't gimped in any real way compared to it's big brother. A simple soft mod unlocked the ones with fully functioning GPU's became 9700's and with some overclocking 9700pro and beyond. We also love things the the Phenom 2's with disabled cores since they stand a chance at becoming a budget quad.

What we aren't in to is mainstream hardware that is gimped in the design phase like the 5770. Unlike the examples I listed above the 5770 has no hope of unlocking or softmodding to a 5800 since the 5800 features were stripped from the GPU all together to reduce costs.

Also I am sure I am not the only one around here with a tight budget that manages to swing the occasional nice piece of hardware. I manage my upgrades by selling my old parts and taking on some extra side work. My i7 upgrade is a great example. It didn't cost me any more then my C2Q build did and I was able to sell my C2Q bundled with the board and ram for over half what my upgrade cost me. I had a C2D before the quad and I did much the same thing when I sold it to get the quad. I had for a little regretted selling my GTX260 to help fund the i7 but if I had held on to it the thing would have almost no resell value now. So my point is I haven't got money like that. I just treat my hardware purchases as an investment with the pay out being my computing experience.

Maybe if you spent less time on the forum beating your chest about how great the ATI 770 cards are you could find some side work that would allow you to join the rest of us in high res gaming. And yes I wasted a fair bit of time now my self in this stupid ass thread. However I have bronchitis so I really haven't got the energy for much else right now.
 
Here for a while! let me laugh....
Insulting people with ease let me think you are a litlle child (gay we are???...:rolleyes: )
I'm too old for you boy for sure...

/facepalm

Sure if you ignore logic and everything I and others have tried to explain to you.

Since the 4770x2 might have made an "interesting idea" I believe that is how AMD put it.

You conclude that the 5770 would also be a good idea?

WTF how many times do we have to explain to you that the 5770 doesn't have any advantage other then price over the 5800 cards. While the 4770 actually had a few things going for in the 4k line.

Also I really didn't see you say more then once that the 4770 competes with the 4890? I am sorry that you don't comprehend the [H} reviews. But in crossfire the 4770 can't compete with the 4890. Now if you own a single small monitor then I am sure the 4770 in crossfire is a fine setup. But come on man this is [H] not Tom's Hardware. At the resolution most of us game at the 4770 in crossfire is nothing but a joke. It can not hang so just because it works well for your little setup don't go getting your panties in such a wad when we point of that even in crossfire the 4770 would flat out suck in our setups.


Sorry but you really have made the wrong forum your home if you only need mainstream hardware to max out your gaming experience.

Yes we at the [H[ forum love great deals and bargains.The 9500 with the L shaped ram config AKA using the 9700 PCB was a great example. Since it wasn't gimped in any real way compared to it's big brother. A simple soft mod unlocked the ones with fully functioning GPU's became 9700's and with some overclocking 9700pro and beyond. We also love things the the Phenom 2's with disabled cores since they stand a chance at becoming a budget quad.

What we aren't in to is mainstream hardware that is gimped in the design phase like the 5770. Unlike the examples I listed above the 5770 has no hope of unlocking or softmodding to a 5800 since the 5800 features were stripped from the GPU all together to reduce costs.

Also I am sure I am not the only one around here with a tight budget that manages to swing the occasional nice piece of hardware. I manage my upgrades by selling my old parts and taking on some extra side work. My i7 upgrade is a great example. It didn't cost me any more then my C2Q build did and I was able to sell my C2Q bundled with the board and ram for over half what my upgrade cost me. I had a C2D before the quad and I did much the same thing when I sold it to get the quad. I had for a little regretted selling my GTX260 to help fund the i7 but if I had held on to it the thing would have almost no resell value now. So my point is I haven't got money like that. I just treat my hardware purchases as an investment with the pay out being my computing experience.

Maybe if you spent less time on the forum beating your chest about how great the ATI 770 cards are you could find some side work that would allow you to join the rest of us in high res gaming. And yes I wasted a fair bit of time now my self in this stupid ass thread. However I have bronchitis so I really haven't got the energy for much else right now.

Wow +100000
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top