HD555 Comfort?

Grentz

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
17,321
I just got my HD555 a week ago or so and I must say, at first it was really comfortable but now I am noticing that the top tips of my ears hit the inside of the HD555 alot (Feels horrible) and the bottom pinches the bottom lobes of my ears (as my ears do not fit totally inside the cup).

Is this normal? Do I just have wierd ears (I dont think i do?).

I thought these things everyone thought were so comfortable, but i have tried adjusting and adjusting and they still are a bit itchy with my ear touching the inside and lobes getting pinched a bit.

Any tips or tricks? I love the sound but the fit is just a bit off for me it seems.
 
Try changing the angle they sit on your head, ie push the band forward or backward on the top of your head. If that doesn't help you are probably out of luck :( . Personally my HD555's are the most comfortable headphones I own.
 
owning a pair of 555's were amazing its so comfy i don't even know thats its there. just adjust the strap and get it to your liking.
 
Well, i have been playing with it a bit more and at times i cannot tell they are there, just sometimes it seems my ears touch the inside at the very top.

They are much more comfortable than any other headphones I own though :p

Thanks for the tips guys!
 
I just got my HD555 a week ago or so and I must say, at first it was really comfortable but now I am noticing that the top tips of my ears hit the inside of the HD555 alot (Feels horrible) and the bottom pinches the bottom lobes of my ears (as my ears do not fit totally inside the cup).

Is this normal? Do I just have wierd ears (I dont think i do?).

I thought these things everyone thought were so comfortable, but i have tried adjusting and adjusting and they still are a bit itchy with my ear touching the inside and lobes getting pinched a bit.

Any tips or tricks? I love the sound but the fit is just a bit off for me it seems.

That's why I like a speaker more than headphones eventhough the sound is much better on my HD-595.
 
You must have Ross Perot ears if they touch both the top and the bottom of the earphones.
 
I dont really have large ears, must just be bigger than average though :p
 
Back
Top