• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD4850 -- Time to RMA..

SilverSliver

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Messages
13,218
Well hopefully that is. My 4850 starting displaying "snowflakes" on my bios screen and artifacting severely in ATI Tool. Now, it will display the bios load up screen, but that's it. Not sure what happened. Wasn't running too hot.

Already sent in my UPC to Asus for my rebate -- I wonder if Newegg will still help me out? Anyone have any experience along these lines? Wish I could have tested the card for more than a week or so before having to pull the trigger on sending the rebate in for the deadline...
 
If you purchased your card within the past 30 days, I believe you can send it in to Newegg... should be much faster than an RMA to Asus.
 
Well, called Newegg. They are going to send a replacement, even sent me a shipping label to send mine back with. I remember why I've been shopping with them for over 5 years now.
 
Newegg is great been using them for over 10 years and never had a bad experience.
 
If you purchased your card within the past 30 days, I believe you can send it in to Newegg... should be much faster than an RMA to Asus.

Asus RMA took about a week, from the time they received it, to when it was sent out, FYI.
 
Back
Top