• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD4770 Xfire Furmark Temps.

SonDa5

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
7,437
Furmark stability test with 8X MSAA settings in windows mode@ 1280x1024 resolution.

Stock clocks on the GPUS and GDDR5 of 750/800.


hd4770xFIREfURMARKTEMPS.JPG
 
Heh... my GTX280 hits 105c in Furmark :(

But we're thinkin it's defective so I'll probably RMA it with XFX...
 
Heh... my GTX280 hits 105c in Furmark :(

But we're thinkin it's defective so I'll probably RMA it with XFX...


Try running 2 of them in SLI and I'm sure your temps will increase.
 
Anti-Aliasing actually causes temps to get lower in my experience. My 4850 hit about 98C and sounded like a vacuum cleaner when I tried this :cool:
 
Anti-Aliasing actually causes temps to get lower in my experience. My 4850 hit about 98C and sounded like a vacuum cleaner when I tried this :cool:



I thought it would put more load to get hotter.

I'll try with it off.
 
what do they do with fans on auto? How loud, how hot? Thx



Have you heard HD4850 with reference cooler at 100% fan?

If so to me the HD4770 fan is about half as loud but not as high pitch. I'm running 2 fans in Crossfire at 100% fan speed and it is is about half as loud as a single HD4850 with reference cooler at 100%.


I don't think many people will complain about the fan on the HD4770. It's nothing like the reference fan and heat sink on the HD4850.
 
Anti-Aliasing actually causes temps to get lower in my experience. My 4850 hit about 98C and sounded like a vacuum cleaner when I tried this :cool:

Ran it with AA off. 1280x1024 windows resolution. It did get hotter. Still impressive temps and stability.

I left it running all night. Woke up took a look and the highest temp was 62 degrees celsius on one of the cores. The other core is cooler. GPUZ list more temp information for each core.


furmarkhd4770tempsmorehours.JPG
 
20 minutes with my new mystery revision HD4770s.
Temperatures higher than before, I blame the extra heat on higher summer ambient temperature.

SapphireHD4770XfureDiamondChokerrevision.JPG
 
What case do you run? Do you have a side panel fan directly pushing cool air on those video cards?

I'd like to see the temps on two 4890s in crossfire. :)
 
TR HR-03 Rev. A heatsinks on both HD4770s.

TRHR03REVAHD4770Xfire.JPG

I know you're really into HD 4770 GREATEST GPU 40nM TECHNOLOGY but those are some great temps for Furmark load.

41C maximum? Sweet...I wish I got that with my 4870x2. Push those babies to 1Ghz each!!!
 
What case do you run? Do you have a side panel fan directly pushing cool air on those video cards?

I'd like to see the temps on two 4890s in crossfire. :)


I just got my gigabyte 4890 with a zalman vf1050 factory hs on it. It idles at 37C compared to my ref. cooler 4890 which idles at 57C. When I run furmark, the gigabyte goes to 70C load with no increase in fan noise at all. The gigabyte card is quiet. The ref cooler goes to 75C, but you hear the fan ramping up, and getting loud, as temps climb. I leave fan on auto for both cards, and the gigabyte is a oc version at 900 core.
 
I just got my gigabyte 4890 with a zalman vf1050 factory hs on it. It idles at 37C compared to my ref. cooler 4890 which idles at 57C. When I run furmark, the gigabyte goes to 70C load with no increase in fan noise at all. The gigabyte card is quiet. The ref cooler goes to 75C, but you hear the fan ramping up, and getting loud, as temps climb. I leave fan on auto for both cards, and the gigabyte is a oc version at 900 core.

Interesting. I've never even heard of the gigabyte version until now. LOL. I guess asus/xfx/sapphire get more pub.
 
Back
Top