Yossarian22
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 27, 2009
- Messages
- 1,799
Was getting lockups after messing with the CCC from the drivers off the XFX driver disc.
I heard Catalyst 9.5 supported HD4770. I checked ATI's website. I also checked XFX's website. Sure enough, they say it's alright.
Install. Reboot. Windows XP loading screen... finishes... BSOD! Every single time.
error in atikvmag.dll - address BF1177E9 base at BF100000, DateStamp 49f7abc... etc...
The cool thing about it is that the installer for the drivers won't install in XP's safe mode because "Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware..." No shit. It's safe mode.
I can probably use Drive Cleaner to remove it to be able to boot and install the 9.4 hacked drivers from the XFX CD, but I would prefer to use a stable driver.
Any ideas?
I heard Catalyst 9.5 supported HD4770. I checked ATI's website. I also checked XFX's website. Sure enough, they say it's alright.
Install. Reboot. Windows XP loading screen... finishes... BSOD! Every single time.
error in atikvmag.dll - address BF1177E9 base at BF100000, DateStamp 49f7abc... etc...
The cool thing about it is that the installer for the drivers won't install in XP's safe mode because "Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware..." No shit. It's safe mode.
I can probably use Drive Cleaner to remove it to be able to boot and install the 9.4 hacked drivers from the XFX CD, but I would prefer to use a stable driver.
Any ideas?