HD3870X2 Water Cooling

saber9505

n00b
Hello folks,

In my system I currently have an sapphire x850xt cooled by a thermaltake water cooling system and the following gpu block:

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Liguid/Upgrade/cl-w0088/cl-w0088.asp

The temperature idles at around 35 or 40 degrees celsius, and I have no problem with that. I don't plan on overclocking, I simply like the water cooling because its silent.

I recently got my hands on a sapphire hd3870x2, and I want to replace my x850xt with it. My question is, is there a way to water cool my hd3870x2 with my current system? I was wondering if TWO of the above blocks would fit on each of the hd3870x2's cores. Would my system be able to cool the card?

Again, I don't care to ever OC, so as long as the cooling can keep my card at decent temperatures at stock speeds, It would be fine.

Its the older version of the bigwater, I dont know the exact name but its from about three years ago. Maybe Bigwater 425 or something?

Currently I'm cooling my cpu and graphics card.

IS NCIX the only place with waterblocks atm ? I know dangerden had something they made but didnt release it yet...

Its the older version of the bigwater, I dont know the exact name but its from about three years ago. Maybe Bigwater 425 or something?

Currently I'm cooling my cpu and graphics card.

The heart of watercooling system is the rad & pump, next is the block. So you can mix match any waterblocks you like but if the rad can't disipates all the heat dump into the system or the pump ain't strong enough to move the water in a closed circuit then.....
Let put it this way; if you have a single rad or a pump's flow rate less than 300gph then NO, and if you have double rad then you're barely make it. Unless you don't OC the CPU & GPU.

The heart of watercooling system is the rad & pump, next is the block. So you can mix match any waterblocks you like but if the rad can't disipates all the heat dump into the system or the pump ain't strong enough to move the water in a closed circuit then.....
Let put it this way; if you have a single rad or a pump's flow rate less than 300gph then NO, and if you have double rad then you're barely make it. Unless you don't OC the CPU & GPU.

Like I said, I don't plan on OCing ANYTHING at all. I simply want the computer to be as silent as possible.

My question is, does the X2 produce a lot more heat than the x850xt, because currently my x850xt is cooled just fine.

Back