• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD3450 & Mitsu WD-Y65

Riccochet

[H] for Hours
2FA
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
33,431
Hoping someone can help me out with this. Running a HD3450 in my HTPC connected via DVI to my Mitsubishi WD-Y65. The TV's native res is 1920x1080, but setting the res to that in CCC gives me a picture that is overscanned. Changing the format on the TV from standard to reduced gives me a picture that is underscanned.

Now, I can't seem to find any setting in CCC to correct this problem. I tried all the scaling options and they do nothing. Very frustrating considering my old FX5700LE displays a 1920x1080 picture just fine.

Should I just sell this p.o.s. card and pick up a 8500GT? Blu-Ray playback and hi-def vid files are all I'm concerned about playing. Something the 5700 just can't handle. That and the card has to be fanless and not requiring 6pin pci-e power.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
 
I can tell you that it works perfectly using the 7600Go in my laptop (I have a 65732- damn near the same TV). Dig through the thread at AVS, I know there was info in it. Careful, though, there are 2 threads you should check, and both are 100+ pages :eek:
 
Well, I played with it for over an hour last night. Different drivers, scaling options...nada. I'm chalking it up as ATI's lack of scaling options in the drivers. McNabbing me a 8500GT next week.

Sucks, since this card works very well on 1080 content. Ah well, ATI's loss is Nvidia's gain.

Thanks for the reply Kil4Thril!
 
I think it is the ATI drivers' fault. Luckily for me, the only machine I would hook up to my TV happened to have NV graphics. It worked real easy.
 
Back
Top