• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD280 Headband cracking

rogue_jedi

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
4,821
Yeah, title says it all. The headband on my HD280's (less than a year old, don't remember exactly when I bought them though) is cracking in a few places on both sides - same places on each side. This picture shows where roughly where the cracks are occuring, I'd post pics of the actual cracks but I lack a digital camera here.

So basically, who can I talk to about getting these replaced/fixed, or am I just screwed?

the black knight always triumphs!
 
My friend got a pair of 280s also, and his plether pads are all broken away now leaving the foam underneath after only 1 year. I can't recommend anyone get the 280s out of pure quality reasons. Give sennheiser a call and complain is my advice. They might send you a new pair or upgrade you, who knows. But most likely you are SOL. :(
 
If they are still under warranty give sennheiser a call or shoot them an email. The paint chipped off of the headband on my HD600s and they sent me a new headband.
 
You can get replacement parts from Senn. directly. FWIW, My HD280s are about 8 months old and they still look brand new.
 
Yeah, mine looked fine until the headband started cracking... I guess I should see if I can dig up the receipt when I go home this weekend. If I can't get this fixed/replaced I'll probably pick up some Grados + pads or something for music and ad700's or so for games... bleh. More money :/

the black knight always triumphs!
 
Welcome to the club.

If I'm not mistaken, the Senn HD280pro come with a 2 year warrenty. Try and dig up the receipt and they will fix it for free under warranty.
 
Pretty sure I kept the receipt, might be a date of manufacture on the box or something too, but I won't know til friday/saturday :/ If not, I have no idea what cost to fix it will be - if it is a lot, I may just live with it and buy some better headphones :)o)

MisterX, thanks for the link, says proof of purchase will be required for it to be considered under warranty. These should be, assuming I can find the receipt.

the black knight always triumphs!
 
rogue_jedi said:
If not, I have no idea what cost to fix it will be - if it is a lot, I may just live with it and buy some better headphones :)o)
Q: What is the repair cost?

A: Repair cost minimum is $35.00 to evaluate the unit. This cost is included in your repair if you decide to have the unit repaired.

I think it can go all the way up to about 33% of the MSRP (200$?). So a max of about 70$. Heck, at the price it be better just keeping the borken ones and getting better headphones.
 
Having paid $80 for the headphones in the first place, I'm not gonna pay $70 to get these fixed... I'll just buy new ones if I can't find the receipt.

So, uh... any recommendations? I'm considering something like the dt770s or maybe sr225s... I should probably find somewhere where I can listen to them :/

the black knight always triumphs!
 
rogue_jedi said:
Having paid $80 for the headphones in the first place, I'm not gonna pay $70 to get these fixed... I'll just buy new ones if I can't find the receipt.

So, uh... any recommendations? I'm considering something like the dt770s or maybe sr225s... I should probably find somewhere where I can listen to them :/

the black knight always triumphs!
For me, the DT770pro are immensely superior to the HD280pro. For the price I highly recommend them.

The grado's have a unique sound and feel. I stress that you try out the grados before buying them, because you might not be able to stand them.
 
Back
Top