HD2 woahs to woes

I'm writing this from my HD 2 using swype. I must say overall I'm very happy with this phone except one thing is bothering me to no end. The built in sms client causes the phone to lag to the point of a ten minute lock up if you have multiple text mssages saved. This post also serves as a plea for assistance. I use my phone for everything including texting and mms messages. There is a working work around for the sms issue but none that truly work for the mms. Ive searched high and low tried everything but nothing works. I can disable the htc client and still send and receive sms but not mms.The work around for sms leaves me sad and mmsless.Iif anyone could help I would be grateful. Anything but the flawed non working arcsoft would be new to me and I would be happy to hear and try suggestions on how to resolve this. Me and my bestfriend entered into a two year contract for these two HD2's help us not regret it. Much thanks

I used to sell phones at t-mobile up until a month ago. IMHO the HD was total crap. Yeah its got a large screen and movies look nice on it but litterally everything other then those two things are crap on the phone.

Windows mobile in general is terrible.

I used to sell phones at t-mobile up until a month ago. IMHO the HD was total crap. Yeah its got a large screen and movies look nice on it but litterally everything other then those two things are crap on the phone.

Windows mobile in general is terrible.

WM is not terrible. Old and not properly taken care of, but it works well and for business users nothing else really syncs with everything as easily.

To the OP.

I have never tried to get or send an mms, but I know if you dont clear the number of SMS's in the phone it can start to lag a little bit when receiving, writing, sending etc.

What ROM are you running on it?

Quick question if you don't mind answering.

Does the HD2 feel laggy at all? When I had Win 6.5 on my TP2 it was such a bloated piece of work that I ended up selling mine.

Quick question if you don't mind answering.

Does the HD2 feel laggy at all? When I had Win 6.5 on my TP2 it was such a bloated piece of work that I ended up selling mine.

There are times when it hands or studders and I know its windows but overall its VERY minimal unless your running a lot of stuff at once. Although I have had RSS running, been watching a movie, and had opera minimized with a few things in the background and palringo and everything was still snappy. It can take it a moment or two to shift through programs and such when theres things running like that but otherwise the CPU keeps things pretty good.

To the op;

Have you checked this thread over on XDA? Not sure if its quite what you are after but it might help. There are a few other MMS threads but that is the main one I believe.

I am running the stock rom. and windows mobile isnt that bad, in fact the biggest issue is with bugs in the code that htc wrote for the sense. when i disabled the sms client things improved wonderfully, even with three thousand texts saved. the mms issue, i am going to see if that thread can help me do something i havent been able to do before. but ive spent so many hours searching i dont know. I wish tmob would release a working update to fix this. and paradoxically, the phone will run slower the less programs i have open when I have the sms client enabled its odd but ive seen it to be true over and over.

don't use the stock rom it sucks. go to xda and read up on installing a new rom. the htc messaging client does lag and is pretty tedious to use. find a rom that has it removed and generally custom roms operate more stable and faster than stock.

I am running the stock rom. and windows mobile isnt that bad, in fact the biggest issue is with bugs in the code that htc wrote for the sense. when i disabled the sms client things improved wonderfully, even with three thousand texts saved. the mms issue, i am going to see if that thread can help me do something i havent been able to do before. but ive spent so many hours searching i dont know. I wish tmob would release a working update to fix this. and paradoxically, the phone will run slower the less programs i have open when I have the sms client enabled its odd but ive seen it to be true over and over.

The SMS system will cause lag after 50 sms's are saved, so at 3k ..... There are threads on XDA about that issue, so I keep mine nice and clean and have not had any issues.

I got and sent my first mms today and had no lag or problems with it.

If you do replace the rom be sure you get one with a compatible radio or one that does not have a radio, other wise you will brick the phone.

No lag or real issues at all with my HD2...

I am running the Elegancia ROM and I have had the phone since 10am on release day.

There are plenty of apps for my liking, just have to know where to look. it's certainly not nearly as easy to find one as it is for Android. That alone will turn away a large crowd of people who don't understand anything beyond just hitting the market icon :)

I have had two Android phones prior to this, and that OS is excellent, just WAY too many "Force Close" errors and garbage that required a battery pull.

For me, WM is perfect.

I also loved my Blackberry Curve back in the day :)

I will eventually pick up an N1 or something like that... I'm a phonewhore.

Back