HD Video Rendering, fastest budget processor?

CaptainMorgan

[H]ollywood
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
6,581
I know at this time, Intel is putting a hurting on AMD in this area, but here is my question:

I currently have a Centrino T5450 Laptop, my other rig is an AMD 5200+ X2. Which should be faster at rendering and editing HD video?

Both have 4 Gigs of ram, I would have for sure thought that the X2 would have the advantage here with the faster processor, but it sure as hell seems the T5450 is a bit faster?

Otherwise, I know awhile back the E8500 kicked ass for video applications because of SS3? (Sorry if im off on that one, its been awhile).

Thanks!
 
Oh for sure, I used to own this system, sold it to my brother about a half a year ago, after trading some xbox stuff, I now have it back!

I bought this system from Blert when he was selling his folding systems, so its decked out with a Thermalright SI-120, along with 2 other 120mm and a couple of smaller fans.

Its good to go :D
 
Back
Top