• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HD/SSD testing software on bootable CD/DVD or something in Linux?

Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Messages
588
I need to see if I can test some new SSD's and HD's I've purchased. I' also have an enclosure that mounts 2 2.5" drives and runs them in RAID 0/1 and I want to test this before I do the install.

Is there a product that anyone knows of? I've searched and didn't find anything.
 
Last edited:
For harddrives badblocks available on most livecd/iso/usb like sysrescuecd.

Search this forum for info. There are dozens of threads and I have described my badblocks testing procedure many times..

For SSDs, not sure if there is any good method of testing. I have not heard of one on any OS.
 
Thanks for the reply. I feel stupid when I edited the title on my original posting I deleted "performance" testing out of the title. I want to test speed of some SSD's, RAID arrays and normal HD's.
 
Ultimate Boot CD

Edit: Oh, "performance testing". I don't know whether PartedMagic (inside UBCD) contains bonnie and friends.
 
Back
Top