HD seen in setup but can't be accessed

nmmnp

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
176
A friends computer wouldn't boot and he was hoping to recover some of his files. I removed the drive and put it in my box. The drive is recognized by the BIOS, but I can't see it in Explorer. I tried using the Add Hardware wizard. It didn't automatically detect the drive, but when I went in to select a device from the list the HD was there. Sadly, even though Windows says the device is working, I can't access the drive. Any suggestions? Thanks
 
Could be hosed... have anyone else's computer available to try the drive in?

I once had a situation where the only computer that could read a drive I had was an ancient Pentium 100. But thanks to that dinosaur, I saved about a thousand digital photos!
 
XP recognizes the drive and says the device is working properly.
 
Back
Top