• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HD PVR HDMI settings

iiAyJayo

n00b
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
1
Recently, I bought a Hauppauge HD PVR so that I could record gameplay from my Xbox 360. The problem is that I can't stand playing on anything other than HDMI because of the input lag from using component cables on my HD TV. But the HD PVR can only record through using the component cables. Is there any way that I could record while still playing on HDMI settings, so that there is no input lag? Please help!
 
Looks like you're stuck with component for recording, according to the specs of your capture card. You should be able to get the lag down to almost nothing (maybe a frame or 2) by disabling any effects filters on the TV, this is generally the cause of input delay, not the analog to digital conversion itself. There may even be a specific gaming setting that you can apply to that input.
 
dustNbone hit it on the head. Video capture cards are notorious for lag. For watching TV it's a none issue but for gaming it is. THe Hauppauge website address in this in thier forums and has some recommended fixes.
 
Back
Top