HD output on a 6600gt?

swatbat

[H]F Junkie
I was wondering if any of you have experience with the hd output on the newer nvidia cards. I have a pny 6600gt(got it cheap in town) and am thinking of using a 26 inch lcd tv for the monitor on that machine. It would be used mostly for games(screen native is 1280x768) and some internet surfing. The reason I'm thinking of using the component out is I'm thinking of using the dvi plug for a hd cable box as tv will be used more on it. Any thoughts on this? I'm thinking this thing would rock with 720p

if the lcd has RGB(monitor connector) id use that instead.

Otherwards ive heard itll look very good, but can be a bitch to setup on nvidias

I've hooked up a 6800U to a 50" PDP (via the DVI port) and the picture is spectacular. It's also worth noting that there was nothing to set up--I simply plugged it in and it worked perfectly from the get go, matching the display's native res (1366x768) with no work on my end.

Were that only the case with the X800XT that's currently connected =/

Yea I'm hoping this will go easy as the card has component output. The screen has DVI which would be better to run it through but some tvs don't support a pc's dvi connection. They require an encrypted signal. I don't think this needs that but am unsure.

Did you buy an OEM card? The retail PNY 6600GT (AGP and PCI-E) come with a component output adapter. You can use either DVI or component.

Back