• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hd, only partially recognized.

se1zure

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
80
I have a WD Caviar, 250 gb 16 mb cache 7200rpm.

ON my new computer, however, when I installed windows, it only recognized it as somewhere around 160 or somthing. I can't figure out how to get the extra space.

Does anyone know why?
 
Do you have SP1/SP2 installed? Is LBA mode on, in the BIOS?
 
i updated to sp2 after install. I'll check the bios for those settings, if I change, will ti mess anything up, do I need to reformat the drive, or will it just start working?
 
se1zure said:
i updated to sp2 after install. I'll check the bios for those settings, if I change, will ti mess anything up, do I need to reformat the drive, or will it just start working?

Get Gparted, you can expand the rest of the volume.
 
Look in disk manager, and you should see the unallocated space. If you don't have a 3rd party program to expand your partition or repartition your drive, then you'll need to repartition/reformat through windows. I typically partition the drive during windows installation. After XP is installed, I install the service packs, then all the drivers. After which, I format the other partition (rest of the drive).
 
Back
Top