HD installation problem, need help!

Hey guys I'm helping my friend build a system but ran into a problem, I chose this motherboard for him http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131519 with a regular Western Digital 250GB HD but couldn't get the HD properly recognized by BIOS.

The motherboard has 1 IDE connector and 2 IDE RAID connectors, according to the manual the RAID connectors will act as regular IDE connectors as long as an Ultra IDE cable is used (provided in the motherboard box) and the RAID controller is set to IDE mode in BIOS, did all that. The drive could be found at the starting screens but could not show up in BIOS, that's no problem actually but I couldn't get Windows XP to install through CD start-up because it cannot find the HD. My Win98 start-up disk and FDISK on that will find the drive just fine, so before I left I created partitions through FDISK although the disk sizes looked all wrong, too tired it's 4am in the morning I'm gonna have to continue working on it tomorrow.

How can I get this machine to work properly and get WinXP installed? Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Back