• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD duplicator

Joined
Oct 10, 2002
Messages
3,441
Found a couple of very old threads on this, but nothing recent. Looking for a hard drive disk duplicator that someone can recommend. Mirror image directly from one hard drive to another. Want the ability to go from ide to sata or sata to ide if needed.
 
You can't just use an old PC and some linux livecd booted off a usb stick. This has always worked well for me. Or do you need to duplicate 1000s of drives and need it to be idiot proof?
 
Not familiar with your suggestion. I just want to be able to replace a failing drive in a system once in a while. I'm guessing you're suggestion involves installing the second drive in the pc and booting a linux app from usb and running a program to mirror the drive. I wouldn't know what version of linux to have nor the app. Plus this wouldn't work on a system which won't boot to usb.

I know there are some disk duplicators out there now. Just wondering if anyone has used any.
 
The question was mainly what you expect. I know you can get a very cheap and reliable solution with linux livecds (I use this method in my department at work dozens of times). You can also get a reliable solution with dedicated hardware solutions that cost $10000 US.

http://www.datadev.com/hard-drive-duplicator-copier-eraser-dod-approved-data-security-erase.html

It sounds like you want a relatively cheap solution to duplicate a few disks (not 1000s of disks like corporations do) that is easy to use.
 
Back
Top