• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD capacity for a digital cable box - how much?

Joined
Jan 31, 2002
Messages
621
I just got a digital cable box which can record to an internal HD, but I have no idea of what capacity drive I should get. How much recording could I fit on an 80gb drive?
 
Eyeball Kid said:
I just got a digital cable box which can record to an internal HD, but I have no idea of what capacity drive I should get. How much recording could I fit on an 80gb drive?

I have a Comcast HD DVR box with a 120 gig drive, it manages about 15 hours of HD programming, or 60 for SD. For an 80 gig drive, you are likely looking at around 10 hours of HD content.

EDIT: As cheap as hard drives are now, just buy a 250 or 300 gig drive.
 
No HD available down here, so I think 80gb will be fine. I live in Barbados, there's no such thing as a cheap hardrive - on the other hand, beer and rum are very cheap :)
 
Back
Top