HD Boot issue!

CorpX

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
285
I have a new setup

A8N-E with a 3800+

2 HDs hooked up - 160gb sata and 160gb IDE

XP is installed on a partition on the sata drive.

However, when I boot the thing up, it gives me the invalid boot partition error. If I go into the boot menu and choose the IDE drive instead, it boots up fine into windows.....What the hell is going on?
 
Sounds like your BIOS is trying to boot the SATA first, change the boot order.
 
Sound like all your boot files are on the IDE drive and Windozes is on the SATA one.
Its not a problem unless you take the IDE drive out of your system.
To fix.
Disconect the IDE drive and reinsall Windozes over the top of your copy.
Once its working correctly then reconnect your IDE drive.

Thats why I tend to only connect one hard drive when installing Windozes so I know exactly where the boot files are.
Afterwards I connect all the other drives.

Luck ........... :D
 
yeap, had to reinstall...no biggie though.

I thought it might want a master on the ide1 channel to use the cdrom as a slave.
 
Back
Top