HD Basic cable?

I weep for future generations :p

"What is this tape thingy?"

The rub is that while it's very hard to find a cassette player now, all cars still come with fm radio at least.

Still, I'm old enough to remember reel to reel, 8-tracks, and shortwave radio.
 
Haha. Well I mean, I just never thought of radio going through a coax port. Would you just need to get a special antenna to pick it up?


The entire FM band fits inside the frequency of VHF antennas. So any over the air antenna can pick it up. The majority of over the air antennas made in the last 20 years use 75 ohm or as you say, coax connections. Most new stereo recievers use the 75 ohm connection for their AM/FM band input.
 
The entire FM band fits inside the frequency of VHF antennas. So any over the air antenna can pick it up. The majority of over the air antennas made in the last 20 years use 75 ohm or as you say, coax connections. Most new stereo recievers use the 75 ohm connection for their AM/FM band input.

To follow along with why this is in a cable receiver, most cable companies rebroadcast FM stations (often all your locals and some out of market stuff) on their plant. You'll get much better reception than you would over the air.
 
So I could plug in the same cable I use for TV into this and get radio stations?
 
It depends on your cable provider. Call them and ask. AFAIK, Comcast here doesn't do that.
 
Back
Top