HD 7970 - Post your voltage and clocks

Theultimateeye

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
263
MSI R7970 Reference edition (MSI Afterburner)

Core voltage - 1115mv
Memory voltage - 1650mv

Core Clock - 1060mhz
Memory Clock - 1425mhz

Temps hover around 80-85 celsius on Far Cry 3 on Ultra settings.

Just curious who's running what voltage on their cards and what kind of temps they're seeing. Maybe i got a bad card. I see a lot of people increasing voltage like crazy but i'm not sure if that's safe or not.
 
Lightning 7970

1.25v

1250mhz, Far Cry 3 never sees higher than about 73c though it does get a little noisy. If I run the card at 1200 I can do it at 1.21v and the card is much quieter


memory is stock voltage and 1600mhz.

I've had 6 or so 7970's and all of them did 1575 or more mem speed at stock voltage and all did 1125 core speed at stock voltage most making it to 1200 core with 1.25 or less
 
MSI OC (reference)

Core voltage - 1010 mV
Core clock - 1050 MHz



Sapphire (reference)

Core voltage - 987 mV
Core clock - 1010 MHz



Asus (reference)

Core voltage - 1050 mV
Core clock - 1000 MHz


Haven't played with the memory yet.
 
my previous HD7970 watercooled ran at 1.275vcore at 1330/1860 memory voltage at stock of 1.6v

Sapphire refference card, ASIC rating for that one if I remember it right is at 83.6% or .4%.

Stock settings is at 1.050v at 925/1375, I can clock it at CCC max (1125/1575) at same voltage.


imma play with this new HD7970 I got in a couple of weeks once I am running with watercooling.. and imma see what kind of temps EK block is doing against the Koolance block i had on the previous one. this one I got right now got higher ASIC rating of 84.9%. XFX Reference card.
 
XFX HD 7970 w/ EK Block

Core voltage: 1300mv
Memory voltage: 1615mv

Core Clock: 1250MHz
Memory Clock: 1700MHz
 
7970 Lightning with CM Seidon XL closed loop cooler

1200/1600 @ 1.2v

46c after playing BF3 for about an hour.
 
Sapphire HD 7970 flashed to GHz edition, reference fan, 1,125Mhz core, 6GHZ RAM, Vcore @ 1.162v
 
Gigabyte WF OC 7970 (Rev 1) tops out around 65c

Core voltage: 1175mv
Memory voltage: Stock

Core Clock: 1100MHz
Memory Clock: 1600MHz
 
On air my first XFX ref 7970 did 1225/1550 at 1.178V/1.6V with temps in the 65C range.

Under water, the two cards I have now will game at:

1st - 1325/1690 1.26V/1.7V 45C
2nd - 1290/1690 1.3V/1.7V 45C
 
Guys there is already a discussion on this. please keep it to one thread so others don't have to visit multiple threads for 1 piece of information.
 
Back
Top