• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Hd 7950?

Havoc888

n00b
Joined
Nov 19, 2012
Messages
23
I recently had a thread asking about a 7870 vs a gtx 660. I've been swayed to go with the Radeon but I have a new question. I found this 7950:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006

I was going to get the gigabyte brand 7870 so this only cost a little bit more after Shipping on the 7870 and the rebate on the 7950. Also I could sell the game codes that come with the 7950 either here or ebay hypothetically returning some of the cost as well.

My question is should I gamble the extra cash on a rebate and a chance to sell the bundled games or just stick with the lesser card?

And any opinions or concerns with the 7950?

Thanks in advance
-Dan
 
I recently had a thread asking about a 7870 vs a gtx 660. I've been swayed to go with the Radeon but I have a new question. I found this 7950:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006

I was going to get the gigabyte brand 7870 so this only cost a little bit more after Shipping on the 7870 and the rebate on the 7950. Also I could sell the game codes that come with the 7950 either here or ebay hypothetically returning some of the cost as well.

My question is should I gamble the extra cash on a rebate and a chance to sell the bundled games or just stick with the lesser card?

And any opinions or concerns with the 7950?

Thanks in advance
-Dan

Good choice. After the mir and selling the games you'll be under $250. Tons of performance for the money at that price.
 
the card you have chosen is a very good one. 925 mhz boost clocks. stock voltage is 1.25v. can easily overclock to 1.1 - 1.15 Ghz at the stock voltage as seen from the user reviews on newegg. clock for clock HD 7950 is 3 - 5% slower than HD 7970. you are looking at 30 - 35% faster performance on a HD 7950(1.15 Ghz) when compared to a HD 7870(1.25 Ghz) .i suggest you don't sell the games. i have played sleeping dogs and completed the game. one of the best games in recent times. Farcry 3 and Hitman Absolution have got good reviews. good choice. go for it. :)
 
With the latest drivers AMD has improved the performance ratio, this is a solid card. I'm not sure about the capacitor whine possibility on this particular card but I believe this is one of the recommended cards for overclocking along with the MSI twin frozr. A solid card in my opinion.
 
i suggest you don't sell the games. i have played sleeping dogs and completed the game. one of the best games in recent times. Farcry 3 and Hitman Absolution have got good reviews. good choice. go for it. :)

Yeah Sleeping Dogs has me intrigued but I'll pick it up down the road. Saving the money is more important right now sadly. :p

But I went with the HD 7950. I'm thinking that'll do me well for Future proofing. Maybe they'll get even cheaper in a year and ill crossfire them. But for now I think that will be good.

Anyone interested in buying a game code bundle? (and letting me know how to do that in a forum)
 
Back
Top