• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD 6950 only allowing two displays?

Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
9
I just picked up an Asus HD 6950 and a Dell u3011 to go with my 2X Dell 2007fp's and apparently I'm not quite smart enough to get it working. In CCC when I try to extend the desk top to the third display I get an error " To extend the desktop, a desktop or display must be disabled" ?

u3011 is connected via Dual link DVI
2007fp is connected via single link DVI
2007fp is connected via mini DP to single link DVI adapter

I have searched and have become more confused than when I started ( the issue could be with the mini DP adapter?) so I thought I would just pose the question to the experts
 
That error occurs only in Windows XP, as XP supports a max. of 2 displays per card on the current driver - I believe it has something to do with Eyefinity. To use 3 or more displays on a single 6xxx series card you'll need to upgrade to Vista or 7.
 
System specs are listed in my signature, I bought a mini DP to DP adapter on Amazon so I should know for sure if that is the fix on the 24th when it arrives. However as near as I can tell the GPU can only generate clocks for two DVI connections its self that is why the active adapter is required for the third display. As the u3011 has a DP connection I will just utilize that to bypass the DVI issue all together , thanks
 
its gotta be the adapter man
im running a single 6950 and (3) u2311h in eyefinity
but even before I created the eyefinity display windows auto cloned all 3 desktops.
Im using (2) mini DP to DP and a dual link DVI
my experiences with ati cards and eyefinity/multi displays have taught me one thing, no adapters
 
Back
Top