• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD 595 50ohm & cMoy

threedd97

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
492
It seems more difficult to get the bass response than when the phones were brand new. I don't know if it's a setting I did in windows or my player or the headphones breaking in or the amp... any ideas?
 
Just discovered the distorting or w/e doesn't occur in CSS or if I use foobar2000. Only with winamp.
 
EQ's all over the place. One with my integrated card and one with the player. If I use both, it loudens up the highs/mids. I dunno what I'm doing wrong, I probably have it all f'd up.
 
Disable all of the EQ settings. Learn to go au naturale since the headphones aren't exactly that deficient or overpowering in any particular spectrum. If it sounds that bad, then look into upgrading your source (the music file itself or the sound card).
 
We'll see what happens on Christmas when my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum enters my computer. I'm working off the onboard audio right now and 128-192bit mp3's (not even very clean rips half the time).
 
Seriously, you need a better music source than those 128kbps to 192kbps MP3s. The HD595 is way overkill for such crappy media sources.
 
I would assume since these are already in mp3 there is no way to convert them into a better audio source. I would have to get the cd's and rerip them onto my computer into a high quality source?

The headphones are for gaming and I hook them to my HTS receiver for movies/tv sometimes. Music is a very seldom/casual thing I do with the computer, but when I do listen to it, I want it to sound good.
 
threedd97 said:
I would assume since these are already in mp3 there is no way to convert them into a better audio source. I would have to get the cd's and rerip them onto my computer into a high quality source?
Correct.
 
I got one of my SRV cd's and ripped it into lossless WMA. I'm sure it's not the best, but has got to be a lot better than a 128bit mp3. I got no distorting or bass that sounded like a blown sub/speaker, no matter the volume. Gain on cMoy is about 1/2 way right now, which I found is the most pleasant level for any volume without getting clipping.
 
see the joys of having a high quality, and lossless source? :)
 
Do CDs really sound better than actual MP3s? I dont get it...I thought CDs were just a bunch of mp3s lol :p
 
Circuitbreaker8 said:
Do CDs really sound better than actual MP3s? I dont get it...I thought CDs were just a bunch of mp3s lol :p
Hope this was a joke right? :)
 
Back
Top