HD 5770 voltage

dinlee23

Gawd
well, im one of those unhappy customers that is experiencing the dreaded vertical line problem... so instead of just waiting for a hotfix i improvised.... i DLd ATI tray tools and set the stock vcore to 1.2 on 2d and on 3d.... and so far everythings good... played mass effect 2 for about 5 hours with no crashes... so im just asking if 1.2 is safe for 24/7 use... cuz id hate to RMA this card and be cardless for a couple weeks if it does die on me...

I run 1.3v using MSI Afterburner on my Sapphire HD5770 all the time and no problems. I have a Thermal right cooler though.

1.2v is a very small bump. The stock cooler can handle that, at the expensive of a little more noise. With a custom fan curve, my overclocked(1025/1300) and overvolted(1.3v) 5870 is still running a stock cooler with no problems.

well, im one of those unhappy customers that is experiencing the dreaded vertical line problem... so instead of just waiting for a hotfix i improvised.... i DLd ATI tray tools and set the stock vcore to 1.2 on 2d and on 3d.... and so far everythings good... played mass effect 2 for about 5 hours with no crashes... so im just asking if 1.2 is safe for 24/7 use... cuz id hate to RMA this card and be cardless for a couple weeks if it does die on me...

1.2v should be safe but equally true your card should work at default settings. Dont be afraid to RMA if you deserve it

yeah but the majority of people are having the "vertical line" issue for a while and i dont blame the card.. cuz when i upped the volts it didnt do it anymore... i think its ATI's fault for lowering the voltage too much for their so called low power consumption that does work but when u OC the thing it just fails straight up...

Back