HD 5770 or GTS 450

Anime_Fan

[H]ard|Gawd
I am having trouble deciding what route to take here, I don't PC game that much anymore as I find myself becoming more of a casual console gamer(not bashing PC gamers here). That being said I will still play a few titles here and there such as Diablo 3 whenever it comes out. I am comfortable with the price point of the 5770 and GTS 450 right now, the main reason I am looking to do this is so I can go HDMI out to do some casual gaming and watch some HD digital content on my 52" Sharp Aquos 120hz LCD TV. I currently have a GTX 275 with a DVI to HDMI adapter but it just isn't displaying right with my TV and I have to use a custom rez to view the desktop properly.

Most of the reviews and benchmarks I find show the 5770 is slightly better than the GTS 450 but I have an SLI board so there is always the possibility that I could pick up another GTS 450 down the road for cheap and slap it in for improved performance.

Will the Radeon perform well on an SLI based board?

Thoughts?

Rig specs are in my sig

You should be able to crossfire on that board. They're just going to be pretty close together.

oh wow I just looked it up and I didnt realize my board supported both crossfire and SLI. Jeez that opens up all kinds of new possiblities for me.

I would go for a 5770. My has been holding up great for over a year now.

Get a GTS 450. I own an HD 5770 and I'm fed up of the driver and compatibility issues.

I've had no driver and compatibility issues at all with my 5770s.

A few months ago I had the cursor corruption bug that plagued multi-monitor setups, but it hasn't shown up for a long time with more recent drivers.

Back