• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD 555s or MS-1s

sco0oby

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
223
Hey, I'm looking for something, and please don't give me the "whatever your ears like is the best" answer, no offense. My birthday is coming up on the 27th of April, and i'm going to be ordering my present around the 10th due to spring break delivery. I'm thinking about the MS-1s (which works wonders with music, especially rock) or the 555s (a great all around can). I want something my bro can be amazed by. He listens to rock. However, I want a can that I can be happy with. I already have 2 gaming headsets, and I choose to watch movies using my 2.1 speakers. So I guess this leaves it to music-deciding. I listen to all types of music, except classical, which is the Sennheiser's sweet spot as i've heard.

Thanks in advance.
 
I had the HD555 for quite some time, but I got tired of it. Why?

Because the HD555 is stiffling to the ear - I always felt claustrophobic with it on... never really got used to the velour comfort or whatever they call it. I went on to buy the HD650 and that was a huge difference in sound and in comfort. The HD555 has a forward presentation with a bit of recessed mids.

They were solid, but I wouldnt go out of my way to get a pair.

Never heard Grados or Alessandros so I cant comment.
 
You already have gaming headsets.

If this is purely for music, especially rock, then get the MS-1s.

I have a pair of HD555s myself. Currently I'm saving up for a pair of MS1s to compliment my growing headset collection :)
 
Back
Top