• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD 4890 Gaming benchmarks out

Crysis Warhead improve 5-8 fps compare to my single 4870...

but that original Crysis benchmark seem to be totally off.... 33fps? LOL

even I had 44fps on single card.....

from my point of view, this doesn't seem to be 4870 OC at all..

I OC my card up to 850 and still doesn't get the result they got, far from that I should say...
 
I do not think those are correct.
Heres a quote I agree with on B3D

Neilz
well, their GPU-Z 0.32 is working while the rest of the world doesn't get 0.32 to recognize the 790. what do you think yourself?
 
Wonder what real life performance will be. [H] review will be interesting with this one cause it doesn't seem to be a huge jump.
 
Wonder what real life performance will be. [H] review will be interesting with this one cause it doesn't seem to be a huge jump.

It actually shouldn't be interesting at all. It's just an overclocked HD 4870. Nothing more.
 
It would be nice if someone with an i7 920 and a GTX 260/280/285 could run the same benchmark to compare the numbers.

But yes, Crysis numbers right now look really crapy but there seems to be almoust no hit taken whatsoever with 8xAA.

Too bad whoever ran the benchmarks did the island overfly test, if he/she done the assault harbor I would have at least something to compare to.
 
Well, looking at the Crysis benchmark, the whole thing seems rather odd. With no AA, they've got 33 fps average, and with 8xAA they've got 31 fps average *in all resolutions*. Seems CPU-limited to me. Would be more interesting seeing the result if they OC'ed the 920 to 3.4~ish ghz or so.
 
The 8800 Ultra was also a revision of the G80 chip, which didn't change the fact that it was the same chip clocked faster, even if it consumed less power than a 8800 GTX.

Well....I think its too early to pass judgement, especially when you dont have the card in your hands.
 
Back
Top