• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD 4850 1GB Temperatures?

EthanNixon

n00b
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
41
Hello,

I just recently built a mATX tower with an E8400, 2GB OCZ Reaper, HD 4850 1GB, and a DFI JR P45. I was wondering what kind of temperatures are good for my video card and CPU?

Right now, while overclocking my GPU and putting it under full stress, it is staying around 62-66C. It idles anywhere from 35-40C. Are these good temps?

I haven't had a chance yet to stress the CPU, because I am overclocking my GPU right now. When I was playing a few games, my CPU temperatures wouldn't go far above 50C. This is playing games for a while might I add.

So, are these temperatures ok right now?

My overclock for the GPU right now is:
Core: 690
Memory: 1188

Thanks.
 
those are excellent temp for HD4850, is that a dual slot cooler on your card?
 
No, it is the standard, fake copper cooler. :p

I was REALLY surprised at my temperatures because of the whole "fan fix" thing. I was expecting a lot higher temps, especially in a mATX case. :p

With the overclock, while playing games, it gets as hot at 58C.
 
Those temperatures are really low.. Normally the single-slot reference 4850 will idle at anywhere from 65C to over 80C and approach 90C under full load... Unless ATI somehow changed the cooler design or chip itself with the 1GB 4850, I don't know how you achieved those temps.

For the CPU cores, I always try to stay under 55C regardless of CPU model and brand. My Phenom currently runs at about 45C during the AMD Overdrive stresstest with a cheap €10 cooler in a small-ish ATX case.
 
I have my fan speed set to 40 when idling and 60 when games. So, I think that has a lot to do with my temperatures. :p
 
Wow those are excellent temps rivaling mine and I have a dual slot 4850 1GB. Mine is at 55% with no overclock. Idle is 39-41C and Max load is 65C.
 
Back
Top