• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD 4830 vpu recover issues

xevious

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
91
I've been getting the error message: vpu recover has reset your graphics accelerator... After the screen blacks out for a few seconds, i get the message.

I have only notices that this occurs while the machine is folding. I dont have the card oc'd and the temps are all below 44 at load.
 
I have the same issue too with my HD4850. I've just ignored it (although I do have to restart the folding client).

I've heard replacing the amdcal* dll's with the ones in system32 can fix it.

EDIT: According to a forum post found by googling, it appears the problem should be fixed with Cat 9.3. Might give that a shot.

EDIT2: Nope, still get driver resets.
 
I have 9.3 as well. I cant remember but i think it started when in installed 9.3 over 9.2. I'll try erasing them and reinstalling 9.3
 
I have 9.3 as well. I cant remember but i think it started when in installed 9.3 over 9.2. I'll try erasing them and reinstalling 9.3

I have the vpu recover when i installed 9.3 over 8.12 without clean install, havent seen it in ages
 
I wish I had seen that before. I went through hell removing my vga drivers and then having to get .net. And still my Cat Control won't work.
btw: when i right click on desktop to open catalyst control i get

"Catalyst Control Centre: Command Line Interface has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

And CCC isnt in my start->my programs.
 
By clean install, what did you remove and with what program?

And does everything work afterwords? ie CCC
 
i've got that issue as well but its the gpu folding that causes it for me...tried reinstalls, etc. no luck
 
This seems to work for me for the most part (on 9.3).

1. In your FAH GPU folder, delete or rename amdcalcl.dll and amdcalrt.dll and delete FahCore_11.exe
2. Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers and find aticalcl.dll and aticalrt.dll and copy those into your FAH GPU folder.
3. Rename aticalcl.dll to amdcalcl.dll and aticalrt.dll to amdcalrt.dll and start it up.

I've gotten a few crashes, but very few compared to before.
 
Did you just come up with that, or read it somewhere?

My current status is 3 second blackouts when the video is taxed too much, seems like a ram issue on the vid card.

And i still cant get CCC to work, or appear on my programs
 
I tried playing with removing and installing CCC, but get

Could not load file or assembly 'CLI.Implementation, Version=2.0.3343.28196, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I want ccc to work
 
Back
Top