• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD 4770 "display driver has stopped responding"

Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
571
Thus error keeps happening to me,randomly and for no reason,somtimes just opening the start menu will cause the screen to freeze and the computer to reboot.

Before I received this card I was running a 9500gt,I removed all nvidia drivers and programs.then installed the new ATI card with the catalyst 10.3 drivers.

I installed the card originally in the 3rd slot on my motherboard(msi 790fx-gd70),but moved it up to the first slot and it appeared that moving my card from the 3rd slot to the first uninstalled the card cause windows was dowloading and installing their driver for the card, so I reinstalled the catalyst drivers.

So what I am asking is,can moving the card like that cause instability?
 
I've the same card and no problemo...so Is it connected to power supply ?
 
Back
Top