• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD 4350 showing 8x, why?

JerryL

n00b
Joined
Nov 30, 2009
Messages
18
I don't game so I'm not worried that anything I do graphics wise is going to hit a bottleneck but I have an MSI P45 platinum board which has 2 pci-e slots, individually they are 16x each and reorder to 8x + 8x when used in crossfire mode. When I check cpu-z and gpu-z they both show my 4350 as 8x with 16x max. it doesn't matter which slot I use . Any ideas would be appreciated.
 
Could be an issue with the software getting the right reading. My computer is doing the same. Using the 9.11 drivers, everything reported normally. Installed the 9.12, and now it's at 8x. Nothing changed hardware wise, so I have no concerns.
 
If it says 8x with 16x max, it's probably just running at a reduced speed in the 2-d environment to save power usage. I would open up something that taxes it a little bit, then open up the diagnostic programs while the other one is open and see what they say.
 
Hmm interesting..ATI control center uses different terms but still shows an 8x. I'm also using catalyst 9.12 I don't know what it reported under the previous version..hmm

why does it matter if you don't game?

Why do people need 350 hp cars who don't race? :) I'm just curious to know that it's running correctly..who knows I may get a wild hair and play a game...albeit, not too great on this card.

I've tried to load a demo game but I've had bad luck twice and they wouldn't install on Win7 64, any suggestions on what to download?
 
Last edited:
You could always just look through the demos on steam. Download what ever strikes your fancy. There's tons of demos on there.
 
Back
Top