HD 3850 AGP

isai95

Limp Gawd
Whe is this card will be in the stores? Any online store that already has it for sale?

No word yet, but they should show-up soon.

I hate to ask this, but I'm going to:

How soon? Is the general feeling about something like this that they announce it then it comes out 2 weeks later? Or are we talking 1st Quarter of 2008, maybe even into 2nd Quarter?

Thanks.

It's a marketing technique. They can produce any video card format they want to, PCI-E 4x, 16x, 2.0, Old PCI, AGP, motherboard embedded, etc. If there is a market for it, I bet that they would release it. If all people stop buying the new motherboards, memory, hard drives, chips, etc. then they have no choice but to sell what people already have. Just take a look of the gasillions chips that intel and amd dump in the market! They are selling quads now. Most people don't need a quad processor. The P4 3ghz is more than enough for regular bussines apps and the internet. Nvidia loves to get $500.00 ~ $600.00 per one of their cards. It's a big business game! If they release it fine if not fine also, I'm not going to upgrade just to play a game. It would cost me like $1,000.00. Give me a break!
Then, when they release it, people have problems with drivers and this and that, then they release a version 2 because they could not fix it, and so on.

I hate to ask this, but I'm going to:

How soon? Is the general feeling about something like this that they announce it then it comes out 2 weeks later? Or are we talking 1st Quarter of 2008, maybe even into 2nd Quarter?

Thanks.

Don't know how reliable it is. But someone posted an email from a Powercolor Rep who said they should be out by the end of January. If you really want to know, I'd shoot of an email to all three compainies. Gecube, Powercolor, and Sapphire.

It's a marketing technique. They can produce any video card format they want to, PCI-E 4x, 16x, 2.0, Old PCI, AGP, motherboard embedded, etc. If there is a market for it, I bet that they would release it. If all people stop buying the new motherboards, memory, hard drives, chips, etc. then they have no choice but to sell what people already have. Just take a look of the gasillions chips that intel and amd dump in the market! They are selling quads now. Most people don't need a quad processor. The P4 3ghz is more than enough for regular bussines apps and the internet. Nvidia loves to get $500.00 ~ $600.00 per one of their cards. It's a big business game! If they release it fine if not fine also, I'm not going to upgrade just to play a game. It would cost me like $1,000.00. Give me a break!
Then, when they release it, people have problems with drivers and this and that, then they release a version 2 because they could not fix it, and so on.

good point mate

Back