Haze Reviewed

So I see a PC port soon at minimum. Heh.

Hmm no thx you can keep this game as exclusive :D

I wonder why Sony bother with paying devs to keep it as exclusive.

Then again it might be worth 10 or 5 $ bargain bin in stores :D

Most of the time I don't trust IGN or Gamespot, except for when a game gets lower than a 6. Usually once the rating goes that low, I barely even have to read the review.

ehhh..dont think I ever go by any website review. I mainly look at them to check out vids of the games. Everyones different. Seems GTA IV is sooo great but i HATE those games and would rather play nothing then them. So i guess it all comes down to each person. I am gonna buy Haze. I mean it cant be any worse then Crysis was. That game was a pathetic joke all it has was visuals.

I think we all expected this but the strange thing is im still gonna pick this game up and give the multiplayer a blast

Just looking at the commercial pretty much clued me in that this game was just a poor man's Crysis. I didn't even both with the demo.

Wow... and I, like most everyone else, saw this coming from a mile away...

Looks like MGS4 is the only leg the PS3 has to stand on. Such a shame that's all they have...

Looks like MGS4 is the only leg the PS3 has to stand on. Such a shame that's all they have...

MGS4 is a damned huge leg to stand on. I saw a commercial for Haze and figured it looked too good to be true, but who cares?

Sony has MGS4 and GT:5 lined up and on the way. That's 2 huge exclusives that so many people, including casual gamers, absolutely love.

MGS4 is a damned huge leg to stand on. I saw a commercial for Haze and figured it looked too good to be true, but who cares?

Sony has MGS4 and GT:5 lined up and on the way. That's 2 huge exclusives that so many people, including casual gamers, absolutely love.

And FF XIII scheduled for later this game alone can sell milions of consoles in japan and few hundreds thousands in Europe probably too.

Like the other guy said MGS4 is pretty big damn leg, and they've got LBP and R:2 and Socom and Soulcalibur 4 and hopefully we'll see Tekken 6 by christmas. But hey I'm just defending my purchase.;)

But everybody already new Haze was gonna be shit, it was a given.

let the people decide i say.

i enjoyed the demo. but who knows what the full game will bring.

i have a wii, ps3 and 360 in my house, and i love them all, i don't see an end to either console, i love the personalization of the ps3 and the games i adore.

i hate when people bash consoles that they don't own.

hmm. The commercials looked really cool. This one actually had me envious of PS3 owners. Too bad, i think the PS3 really could have used it.

let the people decide i say.

i enjoyed the demo. but who knows what the full game will bring.

i have a wii, ps3 and 360 in my house, and i love them all, i don't see an end to either console, i love the personalization of the ps3 and the games i adore.

i hate when people bash consoles that they don't own.

Its because most gamers are poor and want to justify why they only bought one console. I have all three and two of them i dont use. They are both white.

They made a mistake when they delayed it a billion times. I lost interest. ::(

Though I have no doubt the game isn't very good, I do think IGN is being a bit harsh here.

I played the demo and thought it was, pretty much nothing special. But to give it the same score as the history channel game and WORSE than turning point fall of liberty which was sooo terrible I couldn't even finish the demo. From the demo haze should be a 6 at worst IMO, I'm really starting to lose faith in IGN, I used to basically agree with their reviews but in no way is GTA4 a 10/10 game and this game a 4.5/10

I played the demo. This might have been an average FPS about four years ago. Now, it just plain sucks.

Though I have no doubt the game isn't very good, I do think IGN is being a bit harsh here.

I played the demo and thought it was, pretty much nothing special. But to give it the same score as the history channel game and WORSE than turning point fall of liberty which was sooo terrible I couldn't even finish the demo. From the demo haze should be a 6 at worst IMO, I'm really starting to lose faith in IGN, I used to basically agree with their reviews but in no way is GTA4 a 10/10 game and this game a 4.5/10

I am more and more starting to think like this, their reviews are getting a little unreliable as of late. But eh it is just one mans opimion of a game so I always take it with a grain of salt anyway ;)

I'd have to play the demo but I think people are expecting too much from console fps. I mean, did Halo do any radical or ground breaking?

What are you guys talking about? It got a 9.0!

2r6fjw8.gif

Apparently, quite a few of the devs that are involved with Haze were responsible for
  • Golden Eye 007
  • Timesplitters series
  • Perfect Dark
  • Second Sight
According to wikipedia, some of them are ex RARE employees. I will reserve judgement till this comes out. I believe it's worth a look judging by their past track record and previous employment with RARE. 4 player online co-op should prove interesting.

You care far too much about numbers.

I'm not shocked that this looks like another blacksite: area 51 generic shooter 8.0

I wasnt expecting 9's and 10's for this, but I find it very hard to believe that this game is of the same caliber as Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and History Channel: Battle for the Pacific, as the demo alone was better than the entirety of those two games combined imo. Unless the demo section is the absolute pinnacle of the game, which if thats the case then I can see the issue. Guess I'll find out when I play it though.

Wow, this is too bad.

I don't even own a PS3 but was looking forward to playing this on at my buddies house....

O well.

I believe that this game began as a PC game? Small wonder that it sucks. Probably got chopped all to hell in the process.

I believe that this game began as a PC game? Small wonder that it sucks. Probably got chopped all to hell in the process.

I think they first planned to create it for the X360, PS3, and PC but then just decided to create it for the PS3.

Its because most gamers are poor and want to justify why they only bought one console. I have all three and two of them i dont use. They are both white.

I have all 3 also. But in my case it's the black one that gets no gaming use.

The damn commericials kept getting in the way of the NBA games I was watching. I just had a feeling it would rate crappy.

I'd have to play the demo but I think people are expecting too much from console fps. I mean, did Halo do any radical or ground breaking?

yes.

It provided seamless and enjoyable 4 player co-op, turning a mediocre single player campaign into a blast with friends.

Can anyone tell me, from hands on experience, how the co-op is on this? Review numbers mean diddly to me on the whole.

Two other buddies of mine were wanting to rent this over the weekend and play through it co-op with me. I am curious if it's worth it or not. I am willing to forgive many many faults in a game for a good co-op experience though.

Anybody tried it yet?

My roommate asked me if I was going to buy this for my PS3, I had said I would look into it, as I hadn't even heard of the game before yesterday. I looked at some video from the developer posted on YouTube late last year presumably to "hype" it, and it looked totally mediocre in every way. There was some gimmick that looked like a slightly modified version of controlling the antlions in HL2, AI looked shitty, physics looked shitty, running / jumping looked like a total ripoff of FEAR (hmm, I thought I saw that "ninja kick" somewhere before...) Oh, and then I checked IGN and found out that there's something called nectar in the game and the main character, from what little artwork I cared to find, looks like a goddamn bumblebee cyborg. Pass.

Back