having some problems with wireless printer and connecting to router

ipam45

Gawd
some of you guys might remember that i had a problem connecting more than one computer to my modem. well my router came today and it works pretty good. i got both of my computer on there, but when i tried to connect my dad's computer via wifi, it keeps on saying validation connection and it just keeps on trying but getting no where. i think i might have messed up some setting, but i don't know what. the computer is quite old so i don;t know if it's setting match with the new router.

more importantly, i can not get my wireless printer hooked up, i have never done anything like it before so i do not have the experince. the printer is a Brother HL-2170W and when i try to follow the instruction but my macbook cannot detect the printer. i haven't tried it with a ethernet cable.

can anyone help me or give me some ideas.

thanks

also, why are all of my computers running at 54 MBPS when connected to his new router?

the printer is fixed!!!!

but i still cannot connect to the new router (dir-625). my little xp machine just will not connect. my vista rig is connected and so is my macbook. i have tried disabling the IEEE and made other changes. but it just wouldn't work. it just either just say validating identity, or limited or no connectivity or the connection would just time out.

i don;t know what to do. i don't know if it's xp's setting or my router's setting.

i can see the network, just can't successfully connect to it

with my old G router, the speed was at 108.

anyways, my little sony vaio still can;t connect to my new router. i have updated to sp3 and it still wont connect. it says the signal is excellent but no connectivity...some setting need to be change, i just don;pt know which ones.

Open up the Wireless list, click on Advanced Wireless settings on the left hand side.

Click on the Wireless tab.

Remove all of the wireless profiles that are listed there.

Delete every single one of them.

Then go back to the Refresh Wireless list.

Connect to your network.

Done.

if you mean the preferred network list, i have it all deleted other than the one that i want to connect to.

Have you tried updating the firmware on the router? I would also try a different encryption type and/or key.

Back