Having serious problems with my new XFX GeForce 7950GT 570M Extreme video...

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
Hey all. Long time visitor, first time poster. So I got my new XFX GeForce 7950GT 570M Extreme video card (same model that HardOCP reviewed) and I'm having extreme problems. Mainly, the ForceWare 91.47 drivers that are meant for it don't want to play along. Not the copy of them I have on my hard drive (from nVIDIA.com), not the copy of them I have on my thumb drive (again from nVIDIA.com) and the XFX Installation CD (if you're wondering I tried the copies in this order: hard drive copy, thumb drive copy, CD copy [perhaps that has something to do with it]). Anyway, this is the error I'm getting, "The nVIDIA Setup cannot find the driver needed for your hardware. Setup will exit.". Any ideas? Here's my specs:

Serenity:

AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ CPU
MSI K8N SLI-F mobo
2GB Kingston HyperX dual channel DDR400 RAM
XFX GeForce 7950 GT 570M Extreme video
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer audio
nVIDIA integrated Gigabit LAN
Enermax NoiseTaker 600W PSU
Windows XP Professional .x64 Edition

Thanks for any help you can provide. Out!

By any chance, do you have the Nvidia software firewal installed for your nvidia network card? If you do I would highly recommend unistalling it, it causes any software you download to get corrupted. Uninstall it and download the drivers from Nvidia again. Also you might want to donload driver cleaner pro from www.guru3d.com, install it then reboot in safe mode and run driver cleaner pro to clean nvidia driver and then re install the drivers again. Good Luck!!l

Checked for nVIDIA Firewall install status and its uninstalled, and for the record I did uninstall the card properly (uninstalled it from Add/Remove Programs and used a 3rd party program called RegCleaner to finish the mess off). Continue to bring suggestions cause something tells me XFX is gonna take a while to get back to me. Thanks for the help so far, please keep it up. Out!

The only other suggestion I have is to try the 92.91 drivers from guru3d if they do not work your card could be the problem(bad!). I am using those drivers with my Evga 7950GX2 Quad SLI setup and I had no problems at all, but I did use the 91.47 drivers from nvidia for a while and they worked fine for me too. duno!! out!

Hey Jesus I got a notion about something. I checked RegCleaner (my own registry cleaner software) and saw a listing for Silicon Graphics called OpenGL. Do you (or any of the rest of you) think this could have anything to do with my driver issues? Thanks. Out!

Win 64 could be a problem, just guessing though

Tylerdurdened said:
Win 64 could be a problem, just guessing though

Yeah, I did not see he was using WinXP 64, that would definitelly could be a problem for sure.

I would double check to ensure you have the 64 bit driver then try to manually install the driver. Go to the device manager, right click the video card and then update driver. I would then choose the option for install from a specific location and then find the location of the driver and click ok.

I just got this card too. I run 32bit XP Pro, same shit. Can't install any nVidia driver. :(

I have 2 of these cards in SLI in my new rig, I installed the drivers off the CD because the latest forceware at the time of me building it didn't support the cards yet. I am having no problems with windows xp media center edition sp2 and these cards.

Back