Having Problems with X-Fi. Need help.

F1a^_^

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 3, 2007
Messages
316
Whenever I install the card, I end up with no internet. Then when I take it out, and start up my computer again, I have internet. I know for sure it's not some sheer coincidence. There is something def. wrong.
Hopefully you guys can help.
 
Woah sounds really strange :S i have no idea how a sound card can effect the internet try a different slot? other than that no clue
 
check your device manager and see if anything looks wrong *usually will ahvew a ! mark*
 
I tried two different slots. I'll check in about the device manager.
 
Are you kidding?
The X-Fi has a problem with everything and its mother.
But I would check to see if they are sharing an IRQ.
 
IRQ? help me out here guys..
if i need to get to this so called, IRQ, what do i have to click in order to get there.
 
1. Backup your pc.

2. Reformat.

3. Make sure your sound card is installed inside properly

4. install your os again.

5. install all drivers, programs etc


It should 110% work ;)
 
Congrats! That's a new X-Fi issue. No clue man I would also suggest a reformat or just rma that card.
 
dont forget to backup, just in case its the card thats the issue

(remninces about a time when ram failed and did a reformat, turned out that i did a reformat for nothing)
 
Back
Top