Aug 20, 2007 #1 F F1a^_^ Limp Gawd Joined Jul 3, 2007 Messages 316 Whenever I install the card, I end up with no internet. Then when I take it out, and start up my computer again, I have internet. I know for sure it's not some sheer coincidence. There is something def. wrong. Hopefully you guys can help.
Whenever I install the card, I end up with no internet. Then when I take it out, and start up my computer again, I have internet. I know for sure it's not some sheer coincidence. There is something def. wrong. Hopefully you guys can help.
Aug 20, 2007 #2 H Hyuukai Limp Gawd Joined Jun 29, 2007 Messages 130 Woah sounds really strange :S i have no idea how a sound card can effect the internet try a different slot? other than that no clue
Woah sounds really strange :S i have no idea how a sound card can effect the internet try a different slot? other than that no clue
Aug 20, 2007 #3 H hypertek Gawd Joined Aug 17, 2006 Messages 585 check your device manager and see if anything looks wrong *usually will ahvew a ! mark*
Aug 20, 2007 #4 F F1a^_^ Limp Gawd Joined Jul 3, 2007 Messages 316 I tried two different slots. I'll check in about the device manager.
Aug 20, 2007 #5 O ourfpshero [H]ard|Gawd Joined Jan 25, 2007 Messages 1,237 make sure that they arent sharing an irq- the x-fi doesnt like that!
Aug 20, 2007 #6 U Uberbob102000 2[H]4U Joined Apr 29, 2006 Messages 2,243 Are you kidding? The X-Fi has a problem with everything and its mother. But I would check to see if they are sharing an IRQ.
Are you kidding? The X-Fi has a problem with everything and its mother. But I would check to see if they are sharing an IRQ.
Aug 20, 2007 #7 F F1a^_^ Limp Gawd Joined Jul 3, 2007 Messages 316 IRQ? help me out here guys.. if i need to get to this so called, IRQ, what do i have to click in order to get there.
IRQ? help me out here guys.. if i need to get to this so called, IRQ, what do i have to click in order to get there.
Aug 21, 2007 #8 M Moogle Stiltzkin Gawd Joined Nov 11, 2004 Messages 814 1. Backup your pc. 2. Reformat. 3. Make sure your sound card is installed inside properly 4. install your os again. 5. install all drivers, programs etc It should 110% work
1. Backup your pc. 2. Reformat. 3. Make sure your sound card is installed inside properly 4. install your os again. 5. install all drivers, programs etc It should 110% work
Aug 22, 2007 #9 F F1a^_^ Limp Gawd Joined Jul 3, 2007 Messages 316 Ugh...do I REALLY have to reformat? =(
Aug 22, 2007 #10 O ourfpshero [H]ard|Gawd Joined Jan 25, 2007 Messages 1,237 F1a^_^ said: Ugh...do I REALLY have to reformat? =( Click to expand... of course not
Aug 22, 2007 #11 M Moogle Stiltzkin Gawd Joined Nov 11, 2004 Messages 814 Well .... that usually solves my problems It's weird though your internet won't work
Aug 22, 2007 #12 S spaceman [H]F Junkie 2FA Joined Jan 7, 2005 Messages 14,959 Congrats! That's a new X-Fi issue. No clue man I would also suggest a reformat or just rma that card.
Congrats! That's a new X-Fi issue. No clue man I would also suggest a reformat or just rma that card.
Aug 25, 2007 #13 F F1a^_^ Limp Gawd Joined Jul 3, 2007 Messages 316 I guess I'll just have to reformat.
Aug 25, 2007 #14 C Cat1yst [H]ard|Gawd Joined Jan 1, 2007 Messages 1,616 dont forget to backup, just in case its the card thats the issue (remninces about a time when ram failed and did a reformat, turned out that i did a reformat for nothing)
dont forget to backup, just in case its the card thats the issue (remninces about a time when ram failed and did a reformat, turned out that i did a reformat for nothing)
Aug 29, 2007 #15 F F1a^_^ Limp Gawd Joined Jul 3, 2007 Messages 316 my ram seems to be fine right now. so i doubt thats the problem.