Having Problems with BFG 6800 GT OC with CounterStrike: Source

bonkrowave

2[H]4U
I recently Purchased a BFG tech 6800 GT OC. I have sucessfully played doom3 -- although with the desktop doubled with the addition of a second monitor,... would cause doom 3 to stutter and slideshow. Disabling the 2nd monitor did however fix this. Other games such as Knights of the Old Republic worked fine, warhammer dawn of war also ran smoothly.

Today I purchased CounterStrike : Source through a Half-Life 2 bundle on the steam network. I tried playing it but my computer will restart about 2 minutes into the game everytime. I have scanned the computer with adware and norton anti-virus in safe mode and normal bootup ....

and still the problem persits.. regardless if I have one monitor or two hooked up. I have the latest Drives from nvidia.

It would be a great disapointment if I was unable to play games with the source engine, as was the reason I bought this card.

And on top of this When I try to get support from the steam fourms it says my ip has been banned, even thought I have never visited the fourms before...

If anyone could offer me a suggestion or perhaps post this is the steam fourms I would greatly appreciate it

email [email protected]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Info :

Geforce 6800 GT OC AGP
Athlon xp 2500+ 333 FSB processor
1 GB (2 x 512) kingmax 333 DDR ram
MSN k7N Delta-L Nforce2 motherboard

Direct X 9.0c

the doom3 dual monitor slow down can be fixed by setting multimonitor acceleration to single monitor.
As far as CS:S well I dunno as I havent given it a shot.

I too just installed a BFG 6800GT OC. Played D3 alright, and CS:Source is working great w/ the 66.81 forceware set.

I did have problems with CS rebooting (blue screen stop error) when I had oc'd the card to any level.

Leavin the clock settings at the defaults (370/1000) I was able to play CS for about 4 hours today :)

Does your BFG have the single fan reference cooler or the 2-fan (newer design)?

Well I finally got frustrated and I just reformated totally fdisk and everything... So now im waiting for steam to redownload counter-strike and I will give it a try again.

P.S. I have the two fan newer bfg tech 6800 gt oc design
plus I have 2 case fans on teh front blowing through to 2 case fans in the back exhausting. I am also using a coolermaster jet 7 HSF. I dont think it is a cooling problem

Well it seems as tho the reformat worked. I was able to play Counter-strike for a good while today. Good to know. Now i just gotta wait for steam to ive me half-life 2 :)

Back