Having problems with 5870 help please!

TechBoy

2[H]4U
I just installed my XFX 5870 XXX edition and for some reason It is actually benching slower in pretty much all the games I have tried thus far. Furmark also shows a lower avg. FPS. What is the deal? My 4850 does better in all regards at the moment. I have the 10.7a drivers installed.

Did you run driver cleaner before you installed the new card? Hope you didn't just drop it in and install the 10.7 over your old ones hoping it would work.

Try updating your bios, I had the same problem with my system when I installed 2 480gtx's. My system started crawling. After a lot of stress and even thinking I needed to RMA my cards, it turned out that a simple motherboard bios update was needed to solve all my problems.

Try updating your bios, I had the same problem with my system when I installed 2 480gtx's. My system started crawling. After a lot of stress and even thinking I needed to RMA my cards, it turned out that a simple motherboard bios update was needed to solve all my problems.

I'm going to have to agree with him. Try that first, then make sure your drivers are up to date.

I would also check the temps on your xfx to make sure that there isn't a problem with the cooling that is causing it to throttle down.

Are the settings in the CCC and the benchmark tool the same, or are you asking the new card to do more AA or something?:D

I would also suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the driver package.

Are the settings in the CCC and the benchmark tool the same, or are you asking the new card to do more AA or something?:D

I would also suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the driver package.

Settings on games and benchmark tools are all the same.

NVM fixed it, though Furmark still benches lower my FPS in all games are higher. How odd

Back