So I recently became an ATI user after seeing the sloppy mess of engineering that is Fermi. I have to say, I don't regret it as my Radeon HD 5870 chews through everything while running cool and quiet.
I am however unfamiliar with the workings of ATI's drivers. I can't seem to get profiles to save and load settings properly.
I'm trying to create a dim profile for normal desktop usage and a brighter profile for games. CCC -> Graphics -> Desktops & Displays -> Configure... -> Color -> Brightness. This setting, it works well for a dim environment at -25%. For bright, just keeping it at 0% is fine.
Now I have tried all sorts of combinations of setting those to where I want them to be on the two profiles then saving them in the profile manager, etc but when I try activating the profiles no settings change between the two. I do of course check it to save all CCC settings under the "This profile includes" line.
Any help with this or alternative ideas for easy brightness switching would be appreciated.
I am however unfamiliar with the workings of ATI's drivers. I can't seem to get profiles to save and load settings properly.
I'm trying to create a dim profile for normal desktop usage and a brighter profile for games. CCC -> Graphics -> Desktops & Displays -> Configure... -> Color -> Brightness. This setting, it works well for a dim environment at -25%. For bright, just keeping it at 0% is fine.
Now I have tried all sorts of combinations of setting those to where I want them to be on the two profiles then saving them in the profile manager, etc but when I try activating the profiles no settings change between the two. I do of course check it to save all CCC settings under the "This profile includes" line.
Any help with this or alternative ideas for easy brightness switching would be appreciated.