Having problems installing windows XP, blue screen, displays "Stop 0x0000007B"

fbm2themex

n00b
I recently builded a new computer from scratch. I thought i had everything rite. but then, as i try to install windows XP. just when its about to install....
i get this error

DSC01743.jpg

what have i done wrong??

install it with only 1 stick of ram.

if it fails with one, try another if you have 2.

take out any extra cards, like Sound cards.

Is it overclocked?
Are the memory settings at the recommended settings? (like Cas2, Cas 2.5, etc)

^^^^^ Yea, I have had that issue as well in the past and it turned out to be a bad ram slot.
So you should follow MrGuvernment's suggestion and try to track down the problem.
(Try one stick and if it doesnt' work, try the other and if it still does not work, try differnt ram slots and go from there)

Good Luck

D.

MrGuvernment said:
install it with only 1 stick of ram.

if it fails with one, try another if you have 2.

take out any extra cards, like Sound cards.

i only have one stick...its one 1gb

debaucher said:
^^^^^ Yea, I have had that issue as well in the past and it turned out to be a bad ram slot.
So you should follow MrGuvernment's suggestion and try to track down the problem.
(Try one stick and if it doesnt' work, try the other and if it still does not work, try differnt ram slots and go from there)

Good Luck

D.

so for every time u want to format/install windows, u have to remove all the ram it has and leave just one??

No not every time, only if you are having that problem and need to identify why.
You need to identify which stick of ram or which ram slot is causing the problem so you can get it fixed accordingly.

My example was for a socket A board which had 1 of the 3 ram slots bad.
So... once I identified which one was bad... I didn't put ram in that slot but used the other 2 good ones. Therfore there was no need after that to move the ram around.

Now... if it was a bad ram stick I would have RMA'd the ram for a working module and if the board was still RMA'able I would have had the board replaced (but as it was an older board that no longer had any warranty so I just used the other 2 slots).

The main thing is to see what is causing the problem so you can get it fixed.
Also, if you were to get windows installed then put the bad ram/use the bad ram slot etc.. again, you would end up with all sorts of errors within windows and could corrupt your data so you need to figure out what is wrong (ram module/ram slot etc.) and get it fixed.

Hope I clarified better.

D.

i made a disk driver that contains ITE211 controller...my mobo came with this cd, where it gives me a choice to make bootable floppy drive disks...as windows is setting up, it says to press f6 to install a certain drive...so i press it, with the floppy inserted of course...and then computer detects the controller...installs it...and BAM...after its done...and windows about to install...i dont see the blue screen any more!!!

so for those who may have this...its about upgrading the motherboard with some certain drives...in order for some parts to work..

ps...
for some reason...it takes really kind of long to load to the windows logo....do i have to change a setting to speed up the loading process or what?

Bugcheck 7B is failure to load mass storage controller, as you saw. You also fixed it correctly. ;)

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Back